New Guy Here, Howdy!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lairry send me a pm or somethin so i can get ahold of ya.. I wont beable to help ya out though untill next week

Mistaken Identity

I dunno Andy........

I do think I have an idea who assnot is though........

No hes (He=Axenot) not from Cali.

I am disturbed at the fact that somehow out of a thread about chainsaws someone identified me as a rope sucking lib from California. I guess since a few of you want to use my thread to speak cryptically arround me I have to assume what I think I know. I looked up AXENOT through the member list and viewed his posts. Looks to me like he wasn't here to talk about chainsaws and I assure you I am. How in the world anyone thought I was him is beyond me. Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way. I am a novice chainsaw operator and came here for real advice. If I'm at the wrong place just let me know. I'm not mad or anything just confused.

I am disturbed at the fact that somehow out of a thread about chainsaws someone identified me as a rope sucking lib from California. I guess since a few of you want to use my thread to speak cryptically arround me I have to assume what I think I know. I looked up AXENOT through the member list and viewed his posts. Looks to me like he wasn't here to talk about chainsaws and I assure you I am. How in the world anyone thought I was him is beyond me. Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way. I am a novice chainsaw operator and came here for real advice. If I'm at the wrong place just let me know. I'm not mad or anything just confused.

The didn't think you were Axeknot L!!!!
It's a long running joke that needed to die a lon time ago, but someone wouldn't let it!!!
You were being reffered to as "Coveredinsap", or one of his many personas, "PAS" "Jonsereds" and I forget some of the others. Do a search, it's some "entertaining" reading!!!
He came asking for help, he'd bought a Stihl that was too small, bad things got worse, so he bought a 455 rancher and bragged about what a good saw it was, even went to milling with it.
Now you know too much:buttkick:

Be carefull what you say about California, it's not all LA or SF, your reference is offensive to the rest of us who live in rural areas.

Ray, from NW CA

Be carefull what you say about California, it's not all LA or SF, your reference is offensive to the rest of us who live in rural areas.

Ray, from NW CA

His comments came fromlack of knowledge Ray. Someone mentioned another Californian, but not the name, then aother mentioned Axeknot. If you have not read some of his posts, you should, it would explain why he came off this way.
I am sure he meant not to generalize CA as a whole, just was refering to NOT being Axeknot.

Lots to keep up with!!!

Ah, yes, the "KNOT", kinda funny in a way, but not what we came here to read. Got abit too personal.
I guess I've been on the recieving end of what folks picture when you say you are from CA. They tend to see a pastel haired freak on a skateboard snortin coke while wearin spandex from Venice Beach who would vote for Hillary.
'Nuff said, thanks Red

Ray

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way.

Yep, just confused.

Most of us here are good people, but theres some wierdos out there......

Its not so much that we think your one of "Those" posters as much as its just us looking out for our own. These wierdos crop up, cause trouble and get banned.:clap: Only to assume a new user name and cause more trouble!!!

This is why we keep our guard up, nothing personal, just the border patroll saying.....Hark, Who goes there???

Chill and have a frosty beverage, your off to a good start and most people here want to help. Hang around long enough and youll learn enough where you can start schoolin your friends and neighbors.

:cheers:

P.S. you want to give serious thought to an old Homey.....

Good advise all around, as usual.!!

Maybe you could hook up with an AS member who is nearby, and spend an afternoon trying a couple different saws? You'd learn more about what you need in three hours on a Saturday running a handful of different saws than a month of reading old posts.

Hey now there’s a good idea!!

Lairry it just so happens that I have whole stable of saws; 021, 026, MS260, 2-036's, 038, 044, 046, MS460, 084 that I'd be willing to bring out your way and let ya try any of them. All it would cost ya is for you to find a place for that dog you see in my avatar to stretch her legs and find us some birds to shoot at.

Heck if you like the 044 I know where I can get ya a brand new MS440 or a brand new 372 if ya gots to have the huskyvarny (Yeup fellas I found a dealer who still has both sitting on the shelf right now) and hand deliver it to ya. Of course that bird dog gets a little cramped on those long trips so she'd probably need to stretch those legs again. :D

Saw'n on Saturday and shoot'n on Sunday????

Yeup Lairry this could be the beginning of a beee-u-te-ful friendship.

Thank you for your input. I really should have done my homework first but it was a spur of the moment decision, I needed a saw and didn't want to go get one so my sister in law lovingly brought me one. At least I got her discount. What I need is a big saw as I already have enough limbing saws 12,14,16, and what I may do is put an 18 on the 455 and buy a 575xp or 372xp for my big saw and use the 20" off the rancher and purchase a 24" for the big boy.

Form what I've read I would go with the 372 and not the 575. The 372 kicks butt:rock:

ms390

i CUT THAT MUCH AND MORE AND i WOULDENT TRADE MY 390'S FOR ANYTHING. i HAVE TWO AND THEY ARE AN AWSOME SAW.

Ray, from NW CA

Ray, after I hit the submit button I read what I wrote and was afraid It might come across that way. For that I appologize, but I was not speaking to Californians as a whole; just the one I thought I was targeted as.

As for the rest of the members who have responded I certainly understand when you have unfavorable site members clogging up a good forum with garbage, or diareah of the mouth, if you will. I am a member of a diesel truck forum and we get those characters on our site too. I've even made cheap cracks at those fellers myself and I just wasn't sure what was going on here. If there's any missunderstanding of my intent here I apologize and now I feel better!

Thank you again, I believe I am on the look out now for a 372xp or a 440magnum. Anyone got an extra lying around. Maybe one that needs rebuilt?

Hey now there’s a good idea!!

Lairry it just so happens that I have whole stable of saws; 021, 026, MS260, 2-036's, 038, 044, 046, MS460, 084 that I'd be willing to bring out your way and let ya try any of them. All it would cost ya is for you to find a place for that dog you see in my avatar to stretch her legs and find us some birds to shoot at.

Heck if you like the 044 I know where I can get ya a brand new MS440 or a brand new 372 if ya gots to have the huskyvarny (Yeup fellas I found a dealer who still has both sitting on the shelf right now) and hand deliver it to ya. Of course that bird dog gets a little cramped on those long trips so she'd probably need to stretch those legs again. :D

Saw'n on Saturday and shoot'n on Sunday????

Yeup Lairry this could be the beginning of a beee-u-te-ful friendship.

Are you gonna teach me how to shoot real birds? I might be able to hook you up. I'm assuming your wanting to shoot our pheasants. I'll let you shoot all the barn swallows you want if you come!!!! ( I have an infestation)

Latest posts

Back