New guy here....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KD57

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Couldn't really find a new member thread, so I will introduce myself here, since this is where I will spend the majority of my time. I am an old guy that has been around saws most of my life. I have had a ton of saws over the years, mostly Stihls, but lost most of my babies (total of 9) in a theft. The only one that survived was my old 041 I bought over 20 years ago. I still use it, but had to buy new ones, all of the MS generation.

Right now in the stable is a 192T, 250, 260 Pro, 361, 460, couple of pole saws, and of course the 041AV. What's this disease ya'll are talking about ?? CAD ?? I am thinking I may have it. I know I suffer from some kind of Stihl disease, as all my other equipment is Stihl also.

I stumbled on this site looking for mods I could make to the 361 and 460, and it appears there are a lot of knowlegable folks on here.

welcome to the site!!! you will fit right in here if you like to talk saws. There are some good mod threads on the 361 and the 460. Looks like you have a nice fleet of saws, get a couple of dolmars and huskys and you will be set.:)

Welcome to AS, I'm sure some Stihlheads will be by soon. Nice collection you got there. You know, we all like pictures!:clap:

KD57

im new here aswell, i found this place while searchn for imfo on stihl saws. have ms 310 and was looking to get another work slash play saw. i searchd and read threads, asked a few questions looked a tthe muffler mod stuff quite alot of guys talked good about the husky saws and also talked about buying used saws and what to look for. that thread was very good and made me look in our local pawn shop. where to my suprise i found my like new 359 husky.

i wanted the saw that day cooled off for a day then bought it the next. great great saw. seems to be comparable to the ms 361 i was startn to lean towards and at half the cost.

anyways im new here and i think i to have the disease. now i want a little fast reving saw

have a good one

Evan

You guys are quick for wanting pics, here is a one of the 041AV, the only pic I have at the moment. I'll get more soon.

Welcome to the site.

Nice saw!

attachment.php

Get your cad shot now . You will find very nice people here as i found out at the
GTG .The amount of info is unreal .the best saw guys are here .

PS i dont know how long ago your saws were stolen but they have a forum for stolen stuff.

Great looking saw!! Welcome to AS too. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, however this may be incurable as you can never have too many saws. :clap:

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Yep, that old saw has seen a lot of work, but keeps on running. Just put a new bar on, and other than freshening up the top-end, haven't done a thing to it. Still starts on 3rd pull every time.
My theft occured several years back, and I hated to lose my old stuff. Those old Sthils were bullet proof and ran so good.
But for now, I'm gonna stop at the 460, even tho I had bigger saws, I just don't have the need for them any longer. I let the kids tackle the big stuff now. There is still nothing that sounds better than a modded 076 WFO on a cold crisp morning.
:greenchainsaw:

Welcome KD. I bet you have plenty of knowledge to share with us. Life ain't always about saws..........oops, (inject Erkle voice) did I say that??

Back