New guy saying hi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I've been lurking around for awhile, I've asked a few questions, got some premium advice and have become addicted to the site. I figure I better introduce myself any saws. I'm pretty much a husky guy, I have a 141, 55 rancher, a 272xp and a spare 272xp for parts. I have a 288xp that is frustrating me, and a 2101xp that is my baby. I use my 2101 as my main saw and until last year my 288 as my 2nd. I have a couple of old macs, a big heavy 250 and one that has the bar off at about a 22•angle from the power head. Don't know much about them, found em in an old shed we were tearing down. Anyway, I cut firewood for extra cash and heat for me and my daughters. I'm a construction rock driller and blaster by trade, I love blowing s$&t up! Anyway, figured I'd say hello since I'm lurking around.

Erik

I don't know about legends, but I love that saw! I've had it for 8 years now. Last month I ruined the needle bearing on connecting rod and acting on advice received on AS I got a 285 of evil bay and used that crank. Resurrecting my baby, and did a muffler mod. She's a demon, she loves to throw chips and I love her sound. I'm in Wendell Idaho, 100miles east of Boise out here in the sagebrush. Mountains are 60 miles away so I cut a lot of pine and doug fir. Around here we have a lot of Russian olive, elm and black locust. I can get big $$ for locust firewood.

Welcome, appears you are well equipped with chainsaws . . .

Enjoy

I'll try to post some pics and vids of some of our shots, but I have to warn you, we blast in towns, next to houses so fly rock is BAD!! Our shots are boring, not like some of the quarry shots we do.

My 288 is still puking fuel out muffler. I asked around, was told to check carb, it's rebuilt. I used a known working carb to no avail. Checked fuel tank vent, not clogged. I have spark, it'll fire once, then flood out. It's frustrating me.

Welcome! My grandpa used dynamite to blow up tree stumps when he cleared to build his cabin. That was awhile ago, I think he told me he would buy it at a hardware store, eventually they regulated the caps, and now....well now is now

Yeah, i remember my dad getting some at the hardware store when I was a kid. Now not so much, dynamite, caps, ANFO, it's all regulated. I've had a butt load of background checks just to work around it.

My 288 is still puking fuel out muffler. I asked around, was told to check carb, it's rebuilt. I used a known working carb to no avail. Checked fuel tank vent, not clogged. I have spark, it'll fire once, then flood out. It's frustrating me.
Sounds like you're out of timing. Bad ignition module, could be.

I didn't think of that. I figured since I had spark the module was ok, but I am learning that there is a lot about these saws that I don't know. Im fairly mechanically inclined, but I don't know everything and I am always learning something new

Maybe you can try one of the modules off one of your other saws as a test. I'm not a Husky guy though, so I don't know which ones are compatible, like the Stihl 'universal' coil.

Gotcha, I'll try to figure out something. At this point I'm tearing it all back down and starting over. Maybe there's something dumb I missed when putting it back together.

Welcome and try lowerinng the lever arm in your carb. Mine was doing the same on my 288.

Latest posts

Back