NEW HOTROD! Dolmar 119

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoTurboVolvos

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Staring at my wifes cans here in Tacoma, WA
Realizing this model has parts hard to come by, I bought it anyway...for 75 smacks! Sachs Dolmar 119. Thing runs like a BAT OUT OF H*LL! Anyone know the SAE rated HP on this thing? Gotta be at least 7. Has a 24" bar with full chisel chain(I think).Maybe you can tell me by the pic. Tested it out on a 24" round of cherry and was grinning all the way through :clap: .I thought for seventy-five, why not.
Ron
58050479.jpg

58051137.jpg

TwoTurboVolvos said:
Realizing this model has parts hard to come by, I bought it anyway...for 75 smacks! Sachs Dolmar 119. Thing runs like a BAT OUT OF H*LL! Anyone know the SAE rated HP on this thing? Gotta be at least 7. Has a 24" bar with full chisel chain(I think).Maybe you can tell me by the pic. Tested it out on a 24" round of cherry and was grinning all the way through :clap: .I thought for seventy-five, why not.
Ron
58050479.jpg

58051137.jpg

Fine looking saw. 75.00, dayumm you stole it. That thing looks good, real good.................

Ron looks like you found a mighty nice saw looks like 1979 / early 1980 vintage. Take a look at the fuel filter if it has a felt sock it probably needs to be replaced. Wouldn't want it to be running lean. Keep it clean and serviced it will keep cutting for you.
Scott

FYI, the chain is full chisel. Looks like the saw is in good shape for the age and you surely got a steal for 75.

Man that is a nice old beast, nice score! Chain is looking a bit dry though, just a newb opine (maybe check your oiling holes, pull the bar and clean it up, just a thought). 75$?????????? oi.
:cheers:

btw, Volvos ain't bad either, my old beater 124 with twin Strombergs was one of the best things I ever owned, a real 'never-die', unless you forget to check the carb reservoirs, iyiyiyi lol.

Last edited:
Sprig said:
Man that is a nice old beast, nice score! Chain is looking a bit dry though, just a newb opine (maybe check your oiling holes, pull the bar and clean it up, just a thought). 75$?????????? oi.
:cheers:

btw, Volvos ain't bad either, my old beater 124 with twin Strombergs was one of the best things I ever owned, a real 'never-die', unless you forget to check the carb reservoirs, iyiyiyi lol.
Oilers work great...:rock: Thanks guys for the props! Think I'm kinda getting sucked into this multiple saw thing:dizzy: . The Volvos are strong runners..Blue 245 has 245xxx mi. and the white one has 336xxx mi.
Ron

Back