New Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evin

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just gotten a 359 and used it one day 2 tanks of gas and when the first tank went dry the engine reved up. As I just fried my 55 I am scared what I might do to my new saw. Is this normal? I did not see this with my 55. Should I take it in to the local shop (not where I bought it) to have it adjusted or can I do it myself?

Thanks

Rev

They rev up when you run the tank dry ,, wich is a no no :p

/Kristoffer

as you run out of fuel in any engine. it will temporary run lean as it runs out of fuel.

I've never had any damage that way, probably because it's ran lean only for a few seconds.

Evin said:
What is a no no... running the saw dry?

I always thought small engines did that, and all mine do, because without all gas in the line the air gave it a better explosion. Like a mini supercharger effect. Anybody?

Adrpk said:
I always thought small engines did that, and all mine do, because without all gas in the line the air gave it a better explosion. Like a mini supercharger effect. Anybody?

When running out of fuel there is more air which is bad, due to the fact the oil/premix that lubes the 2-stroke motor is absent. Not a good situation due to the motor running lean. Don't run them dry, just refuel, especially with the transparent tanks.

Latest posts

Back