New Husqvarna Saw Coming Soon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uwharrie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today we ordered a new Husky model that will come with an easy chain adjuster. They are going to be on the 455 saws first. I haven't seen one but I'll probably see it Friday at the Big Show in Louisville. They are not available yet but we ordered them so they should be out very soon. Also the 390's in just a few weeks as I'm told. Tony

Uwharrie said:
Today we ordered a new Husky model that will come with an easy chain adjuster. They are going to be on the 455 saws first. I haven't seen one but I'll probably see it Friday at the Big Show in Louisville.

Gosh, I hope they aren't the same easy adjust system that Stihl uses, because if they are, they are JUNK. What is up with all this easy start, easy adjust. If you want things easy, just pay someone to do the work for you! :laugh: For me, I'll take 2 bar studs please, and a chain adjuster I need to use a scrench on.

Four Paws, You are right on. I like the bar studs too. Now with the new generation growing up that has never ran a saw, they don't know how to even adjust a chain. These manufacturers are trying to make it stupid proof. Well we know that's not possible. :laugh: :laugh: Well it makes good headlines and sells saws, that what it's all about. Tony

Four Paws said:
Gosh, I hope they aren't the same easy adjust system that Stihl uses, because if they are, they are JUNK. What is up with all this easy start, easy adjust. If you want things easy, just pay someone to do the work for you! :laugh: For me, I'll take 2 bar studs please, and a chain adjuster I need to use a scrench on.

No kidding!

I never quite understood what was so hard about adjusting chain tension or pulling a saw over. And we're not even talking about big saws here, where (maybe) starting ease could be a factor. We're talking about little lightweight, small displacement homeowner saws.

Oh well. I guess these trick features are a good way to keep the service and parts departments busy.

Well I'm looking foward to the 390's the bar gizmo's ........ not so much. The easy chain adjuster sounds like a home owner toy.

Ok, what is with saws being designed for idiots? I'm beginning to hate the STIHL MS210. Stupid caps leak like seives, break. Chain tensioner lets tension out after a little bit of cutting (don't want to crank it down, feels like it'll break). A friend has it, and I don't like it. Problems beyond end. How much could one get on trade for it, with good, new caps? It's in very good shape. It's not mine; it's a friend's (same one who has 041 and 044).

Uwharrie said:
Today we ordered a new Husky model that will come with an easy chain adjuster. They are going to be on the 455 saws first. ..
HA HA, more crap from Husky also - they just had to do it, of cource.

Gettin Ready

Gettin Ready to buy a 441 Magnum Stihl. Anyone have any experience with this saw?

Take a look at the "Da prince" tread, there are some actual info inbetween all the crap and fun.....

I don't think that you can find better info elsewhere, so far.

I am so far not convinced that it is the right saw to buy in the 70 cc class, even though they are really cheap compared to the altenatives here.....

Last edited:
Uwharrie said:
Today we ordered a new Husky model that will come with an easy chain adjuster. They are going to be on the 455 saws first. I haven't seen one but I'll probably see it Friday at the Big Show in Louisville. They are not available yet but we ordered them so they should be out very soon. Also the 390's in just a few weeks as I'm told. Tony
Well, I hope it isn't going to be on the stuff I ordered yesterday. Although I went heavier on the 460, which for another $20 is a no-brainer over the 455.

One problem I see with all of this easy start stuff, particularly with the older guys who buy it, is that it's harder to hear that first "pop" when the saw fires. Then they keep pulling it over with the choke on and flood the thing.

I had a little Stihl in yesterday with one of those no-bar-nut adjusters and I think it's a joke. I really don't see what the advantage is, or why it is easier. And the customer said the chain is always getting loose.

I think the reason for these things is what we call marketing to nitwits. It's kind of like putting a toy in a box of cereal to get kids to buy it.

spike60 said:
I think the reason for these things is what we call marketing to nitwits. It's kind of like putting a toy in a box of cereal to get kids to buy it.
I believe that you are right on, also with the 460 vs. the 455.

:clap: :clap:

I have a new 455 and it has the easy adjust on it. The adjuster screw is accessed from the clutch side cover perpendicular to the saw rather than parallel to the bar. The adjuster is turned by a worm gear essentially. I like it. Maybe this isn't the "new" adjuster that Uwharrie is talking about but since I have never owned a Husky prior to the 455 this is what I have.

Also, I do not consider myself a nitwit as I didn't even notice this feature until I went to adjust the chain for the first time........ Although some would call me a nitwit for buying the 455 to begin with. Whatever, it works well for me.:D

amdburner said:
Also, I do not consider myself a nitwit as I didn't even notice this feature until I went to adjust the chain for the first time........ Although some would call me a nitwit for buying the 455 to begin with. Whatever, it works well for me.:D
The adjuster that you have works great, and doesn't need to be improved. It's all of this "no tool" stuff that I was griping about. At some point, they will come out with a saw designed for people who shouldn't own one.

Also, nothing wrong with the 455. They are a lot of saw for the money and are holding up fine.

The Husky with the new adjuster is called the 455e and will retail for about $389 for a 20". The 390 with a 24" is about $969.

Or, just buy a 5100S Dolmar and not worry about it!

stckciv said:
The Husky with the new adjuster is called the 455e ....

The "e" makes me suspect that the saw also has the easy pull feature, which I also doesn't want, as it adds complexity and makes it easy to flood the saw.

Last edited:
I am with you guys on the easy features being more trouble than they are worth, however with time they may improve to the point that we all like them.

I purchased my first computer around 1987. It was an IBM XT (or something like that) It ran DOS (ram was like 50.00 a kb). When windows 3.1 came out, I hated it. I could hit "control p" to print much faster than you could remove your hand from the keyboard and grab a mouse, position the cursor, etc.

Of course now I have forgotten dos and would not know what to do without windows.

Never say never.

Jim

Saw the new Husky adjustment feature today at the Expo doesn't look bad but is very similar to the stihl version. I am not a fan of either version i think it is easy enough to tension the chain with a scrench.

Back