New In Box Stihl 08s never had any gas in it...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solarguru

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My local Stihl dealer has this on top of the cabinets in front of his work bench... Usually when I go in there I ask him if he has anything to get rid of, thats how I got my MS660 that was straight gassed on the first full tank (the customer straight gassed it) & I picked it up and got it running again... but anyhow, this is something he showd me that he remembered he had new in the box and never even has been started... all of the things in the box are still there as well... I'm not really interested in buying it but thought I would share the pic's I took of it...

Looks like a pretty cool saw...

Solarguru

Usually I have a problem with tools that don't ever get used...but this might be the exception. Beautiful saw

Very,very nice, definitely a later model with the brake on it. I found one that had never been sold at a dealers shop but it did have a couple of parts robbed off it, no where as nice as the one in your picts.

Just newer. I think they were made until the 80s or 90s and often used in the rental business. Very cool old saw though:clap: Early ones had a push button kill switch, embossed model name on the clutch cover, and the log logo on the recoil housing.

Brad, I believe you are correct. I found a TS350 that I bought and thought the thing was older than hell. Come to find out they made those things for a long, long time. I bet it is from the nineties.

I found a stamp date on this one I believe it was 1981.

ts350002.jpg

ts350008.jpg

Those 08's are pretty cool saws. I like seeing some NOS saws of any variety. Thanks for sharing.

My local Stihl dealer has this on top of the cabinets in front of his work bench... Usually when I go in there I ask him if he has anything to get rid of, thats how I got my MS660 that was straight gassed on the first full tank (the customer straight gassed it) & I picked it up and got it running again... but anyhow, this is something he showd me that he remembered he had new in the box and never even has been started... all of the things in the box are still there as well... I'm not really interested in buying it but thought I would share the pic's I took of it...

Looks like a pretty cool saw...

Solarguru

Cool! Looks almost as good as Brad's.

do u know how much he wanted for the 08s

I am not really sure how much he wants to get out of it... I am going to go by there later on this afternoon and I will find out, and let you guy's know how much he wants...

It is a pretty cool saw but i will admit that I really dont know much about them and really didn't have much interest in it other than it looks cool and it is still in the original box...

Back