new jonsered saw questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHLTHEDEERE

This is Koty
Reaction score
2 questions here for jonsered owners/dealers #1 is 625.00 a good price for a brand new 2260 w/24" bar? #2 of the 2252/2253 which is a better saw and why? the reason i ask is that i am ready to replace my 2153 and my 2156 with newer saws. thank you

$625 with a 24" bar seems like a great price to me. Are you sure it wasn't a dealer demo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$625 with a 24" bar seems like a great price to me. Are you sure it wasn't a dealer demo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely - but I wouldn't want a 24" bar on any 60cc saw!

Regarding 2252/2253 - the 2253 is the xp version (550xp), while the 2252 is the 545 (not xp, and lower performance).

There are no cat mufflers involved with the "22" generation of saws. :)

The 2252 is the same saw as the 2253 with lower hp and a more forgiving powerband, and it's cheaper. Spoke to 2 local Jonsered dealers and they told me that they have had nothing but trouble with the 53. The 52 on the other hand has been trouble free. They also told me that they are expecting a longer service life from the 52.

#1-Great price on the 2260. Your dealer is taking good care of you.

#2-2253 is a little quicker than the 2252. If you are doing a lot of limbing, the revboost is nice to have; but if doing firewood won't really be noticed. The 2252 and 2253 are nearly identical saws using the same basic components, so it's not really possible to have one be trouble free, while the other is beset with issues. Those guys may be drawing those conclusions from a limited sample of units.

Go ahead and get the 24" bar and use it on another saw. That price sounds reasonable.

Leonard

Yes, it could be just a limited number of saws. I have no problem believing what they say, seeing as one of them has sold Jonsered's since the 60's. They test all their saws before the customer get's them, and theres quite a few 2253 that hasn't passed the test. The problems with the 2253 seems to be the carb/software and the higher revs.

#1-Great price on the 2260. Your dealer is taking good care of you.

#2-2253 is a little quicker than the 2252. If you are doing a lot of limbing, the revboost is nice to have; but if doing firewood won't really be noticed. The 2252 and 2253 are nearly identical saws using the same basic components, so it's not really possible to have one be trouble free, while the other is beset with issues. Those guys may be drawing those conclusions from a limited sample of units.
good info to know, thank you. my 2153/56 have never given me much trouble, i hope the new saws are just as reliable! i am definately a stihl guy, but those jonsereds put a smile on my face everytime i use them.

Not sure why you would waste your money on new saws... you will not be gaining much over your current saws.

I'm sure plenty of guys on AS would be interested in those saws for dealer trade in price. I for one would be interested in a 2153. ;)

Not sure why you would waste your money on new saws... you will not be gaining much over your current saws.

I'm sure plenty of guys on AS would be interested in those saws for dealer trade in price. I for one would be interested in a 2153. ;)
I like chainsaws, and I love to buy new chainsaws. Everyone has something they waste money on. Some gamble, some drink, some smoke, I buy and use my saws. Besides money is no issue for me, and I am for one am fine with it.

That's cool. I wish money was no issue for me!
I like to buy saws, too... but I've never bought a brand new one. I buy other people's used up junk.

BTW, I'm still interested in the 2153. :)

That's cool. I wish money was no issue for me!
I like to buy saws, too... but I've never bought a brand new one. I buy other people's used up junk.

BTW, I'm still interested in the 2153. :)
from the looks of your signature you dont have any "junk", old worn/used saws do the same job as the new ones, and in some cases they do it better!

Back