New Kinetic Splitter: Rapid Split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely the closest 'clone' yet...who wants to take the first plunge and buy one??

I sure would not want to be the first to take the plunge. I'll stick with Super Split. :)
And zero pricing on the site. If ya gotta call or email to get pricing...might as well just call Paul in Mass and be done with it. I bet their pricing is right at SS prices...if so, why gamble on an unproven horse? :dumb: Not saying their product may not be good, but the proven horse on the track is the proven horse on the track in the flywheel world.

And zero pricing on the site. If ya gotta call or email to get pricing...might as well just call Paul in Mass and be done with it. I bet their pricing is right at SS prices...if so, why gamble on an unproven horse? :dumb: Not saying their product may not be good, but the proven horse on the track is the proven horse on the track in the flywheel world.
but this one has cool axe decals on the sides:rock:

With the way the fail rate is on these kinetics with their past history I would be very reluctant to drop anything over 800 bucks on one even with a gaurentee it's a crap shoot IMHO

With the way the fail rate is on these kinetics with their past history I would be very reluctant to drop anything over 800 bucks on one even with a gaurentee it's a crap shoot IMHO
Curious Flotek...are you grouping all kinetic mfg'rs together concerning this failure rate?...or certain mfg'rs only?

Is there a particular brand you are saying fails often?

My SuperSplit has been pounding out a minim of 40cords of bundle wood a year for the past 5 or 6years. If you know bundled wood you know it is split about half the size of regular firewood which results in more use per cord. This year I finally replaced the bearing that rides on top of the beam. That is the first part that has worn out on it.

Sorry

Yes I'm talking about the clones , I have heard nothing but good about a genuine super split . I know that speed pro tractor supply one burnt a lot of people a couple years back with the rack busting up prematurely . I'm at a point in my life where I am sick of working on stuff and sending junk back ! And so I try to buy the best I can afford instead of kicking my self later by skimping on something that is inferior

Sorry

Yes I'm talking about the clones , I have heard nothing but good about a genuine super split . I know that speed pro tractor supply one burnt a lot of people a couple years back with the rack busting up prematurely . I'm at a point in my life where I am sick of working on stuff and sending junk back ! And so I try to buy the best I can afford instead of kicking my self later by skimping on something that is inferior
True words right there Flotek...

I bought my 'SS copy' at tractor supply. About a week after the stories started coming in of the broken racks here I was splitting for my neighbor and teeth started coming off my rack.

Got my refund and called SuperSplit, and THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY answered the phone. Placed my order, got my splitter, and have no problems or regrets. Don't even care that I probably could have saved a few bucks elsewhere, I paid a fair price for a USA built product that has good customer support. I'm happy, and if something happened to mine I would call Paul tomorrow and order another one.

I bought my 'SS copy' at tractor supply. About a week after the stories started coming in of the broken racks here I was splitting for my neighbor and teeth started coming off my rack.

Got my refund and called SuperSplit, and THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY answered the phone. Placed my order, got my splitter, and have no problems or regrets. Don't even care that I probably could have saved a few bucks elsewhere, I paid a fair price for a USA built product that has good customer support. I'm happy, and if something happened to mine I would call Paul tomorrow and order another one.
Well said. I have absolutely zero regrets with my SS HD purchased the beginning of this year. Paul and son Connor are great to deal with.

if something happened to mine I would call Paul tomorrow and order another one.
Same here, although he'd probably still refuse to sell me one so I'd have to 'phone a friend' and smuggle it out of the country like the one I have now ;-)

Back