New Kinetic Splitter: Rapid Split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else think maybe Paul is making these for FIMCO Industries, much like he did for the blue ones?
Either Paul is making them or it's the closest copy yet?

Paul has turned down offers to make splitters for other brands in the past though.

Anyone else think maybe Paul is making these for FIMCO Industries, much like he did for the blue ones?

I called Rapid Split. You are correct. They answered the phone as "FIMCO industries". The Rapid Split rep called me back. He told me they purchase the internal parts (rack and pinion, etc.) from Super Split. They have been producing them for about 1 yr. The price is $2199 + shipping and they are in stock.

I called Rapid Split. You are correct. They answered the phone as "FIMCO industries". The Rapid Split rep called me back. He told me they purchase the internal parts (rack and pinion, etc.) from Super Split. They have been producing them for about 1 yr. The price is $2199 + shipping and they are in stock.
Can we assume the J Model equivalent is $2199? Do they offer heavier models?

He told me they purchase the internal parts (rack and pinion, etc.) from Super Split.
Having proposed something along those lines to Paul many years ago, for the markets here downunder, and feeling like I was flogging a dead horse at the time, it's interesting its happening now in his local/USA market.

I'd pay the extra for the Super Split. But that's just me.
The extra, over the many hundreds or even thousands of cords, or a decade or more of splitter ownership, is bugger all per cord or per year for that sort of peace of mind. I wouldn't pay extra for the Honda motor over the Subaru Robin though, as the latter is a darn fine wee engine.

I just looked at super splits website ,very cool bio . I really like what I see how his family runs the company and the personal touch guy appears to have put everything he's got into a product line he believes in . Nice to see a blue collar red blooded family based business brought up on blood and sweat that hasn't sold out to China for profit .everybody wants something fast cheap and right now .. But when it fails and they are high and dry ,they are kicking themselves . I know I've done it in my life before and I usually get bit

I just looked at super splits website ,very cool bio . I really like what I see how his family runs the company and the personal touch guy appears to have put everything he's got into a product line he believes in . Nice to see a blue collar red blooded family based business brought up on blood and sweat that hasn't sold out to China for profit .everybody wants something fast cheap and right now .. But when it fails and they are high and dry ,they are kicking themselves . I know I've done it in my life before and I usually get bit
Yep, spot on post Flotek :clap:...I'll support Made in the USA, mom and pop businesses all day long, for a superior product...especially when making a $3K plus purchase :D. SS hasn't been in the business for decades because they push junk machines out the loading dock back door.

I'm really surprised that SS would sell their parts to another company like that. I don't see how that can possibly be a win for them.

But then on the other hand, if the other company just went out and designed/built their own, then SS would get NO money from that - this way they get some. Hmmm.

I'm really surprised that SS would sell their parts to another company like that. I don't see how that can possibly be a win for them.

But then on the other hand, if the other company just went out and designed/built their own, then SS would get NO money from that - this way they get some. Hmmm.
They get us talking about, comparing with and advocating for, the original. Works pretty well given SS are better at making their product than marketing it.

I'd have to hear it directly from Paul at Super Split to believe it.

In the past he has turned down this type of stuff, but things change?

Latest posts

Back