new life for an old stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the unfortunate truth here is that its gotta be stihl or nothing. when i cut wood with friends, i'm looking at their 039's thinking, "meh." they're looking at my 385 and wondering if i'm wearing panties. it's cultural.
Well, I can send you a 044 or 045 from northern AZ. so that your friends can't tease you. :D

Well, I can send you a 044 or 045 from northern AZ. so that your friends can't tease you. :D

yeah, looking at that 031 actually induced me to do an ebay search for 045's. and there is one closing today that hasn't draw even one bid. i worked on one maybe 12 or 13 years ago, guy brought it by the shop in northern california, wanted me to get it running and tell him if it was any good or not. it was a very well built saw, cool air filter, lots of torque, carb kit y andale! it was ready to go.

my amigos quit smirking when they see the chips flying out the back of whatever non-white-and-orange saw i've got buried in the wood.

Back