New log truck and trailer Oshkosh M977

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uzi , you suck , but I meen that in the kindest and most respectful way LOL

Pffft....

Real men don't need all that iron.

11044522_10202619327084387_3144604190021669340_n.jpg

Yup , you're right .

IMG_20140621_165509.jpg

IMG_20150418_154413.jpg

Uzi , you suck , but I meen that in the kindest and most respectful way LOL

Yup , you're right .

IMG_20140621_165509.jpg

IMG_20150418_154413.jpg

so glad the wife thinks I HAVE to have 4 saws and a 4x4 truck, and a splitter to burn wood. If she saw that pic of the back of that minivan I would have to sell the saws and truck and cut wood with a 16" poulan and haul with our old Honda Accord!

Thanks

I love it! That thing is sweet!

I want one. Lemme ask, how did you get it home?

Just drove it home it was only about 60 miles from my house but it runs 65-70mph even with the trailer hooked on. There's been a couple times I've had to take it down the interstate to a job that really gathers some looks. Especially when you pass the Swift, JB hunt, Prime inc. etc trucks that are governed at 62 mph. They look at you like you're in a space ship. :)

Just drove it home it was only about 60 miles from my house but it runs 65-70mph even with the trailer hooked on. There's been a couple times I've had to take it down the interstate to a job that really gathers some looks. Especially when you pass the Swift, JB hunt, Prime inc. etc trucks that are governed at 62 mph. They look at you like your in a space ship. :)

That's sweet! Did you buy it at auction? I have been perusing the auction sites and everything is hundreds of miles away. I checked on shipping and to get anything shipped to me would be around $2K. Kinda negates the good deals.

No I got it from a guy who buys on gov planet. He put this one on a drop deck and hauled it back from texas. I was I the same boat as you when I started looking everything was 6-700 miles away. That's why I bought from him so wouldn't have to deal with trying to get one running and road trip it home or pay a huge shipping bill. If I had to do it though driving one back would be way more of an adventure. This one has needed a few hoses and little parts that got brittle from it sitting around waiting to be auctioned. Might have been a little frustrating to try and make a 600 mile trip with it right away. But I'd rather take a week off and and have some fun than pay 2k to have one shipped. Just food for thought if you are serious about getting one. Plan on at least replacing all the fluids and fixing a lot of little odds and ends. Oh and batteries they need 2 huge 12v to connect together and make 24v ran me about 400. And another 400+ in fluids and filters. Still it's been worth it and way less money than a tandem gooseneck dump trailer and skid loader.

I'd love to have one, but I don't reckon it will ever come to fruition. Too many have to haves to get the cool to haves, lol. I figured batteries and fluids for sure, but it makes sense that the belts and hoses would need some attention. I'll keep looking, you never know, the right deal may just come along.

Interested too in licensing.

That is one of the best wood hauler I have seen!!!! That is a beast!!

Do all wheels steer?

Would be perfect if bed dumped to the side. It is a little too tall to pull my 5th wheel camper tho. Nice truck!!

Both front axles steer but not the rear. Had no troubles getting a title for it and I haven't plated it yet it's currently in the shop getting its annual inspection but with the title there won't be any issues getting plates in Nebraska.

That thing is bad, would you mind getting a pic with the outriggers extended and down and the boom all the way out. I'm guessing it's diesel.
Finally had a stump that shows what this thing can do. Got called to this one when a fly by night "tree service" didn't have a saw big enough to finish the job. It did take a 60" bar to cut it hopefully the person in the shot gives some scale but it was huge. Did not seem to slow the crane down at all engine and pto pump didn't change rpm much when lifting it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nice truck. How about insurance what's that cost?

Latest posts

Back