New Logo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
domesticated wood chucks :(

This morning on my way to see a customer about some work, I pull into his short private road and see 2 of the little bastards walking across the road. I pull into the driveway and walk up the walkway. About 3 feet away in a garden was another one of the suckers chewing on some shrubs. I stepped back and it casually walked off. Wasn't scared of me or anything. I saw another one at the same place yesterday on the lawn. I would have SWORN that the thing stood up on its hind legs and waved hello to me :confused:

A Buddy of mine Does the Stumps We split all Advertising 50/50 Works out well for both of us. I do landscaping though and since the Skidsteer ive done a few Grading jobs. :blob2:

Mike, We dont have Road salt here. :D

Budroe, Wev've known each other a few Yrs. I was ?????ing one day because my Stump Sub was trying to poach my tree work So he decided to buy a grinder. :blob2:

The Business here in SC about 1-1/2 Yrs
I just went fulltime in Feb. I was Afraid i was going to starve But Ive got a 4 week Backlog right now and I'm getting 3 times the business from word of mouth than by the Ads i Run. I owned a Tree service/Landscaping Business in GA for about 3 Yrs Had 3 Crews Drove me Freakin Nuts Employee Problems Ect. So we sold it and moved Here. Waited 2 yrs and started over. Im staying small Here I hope. :D

where in s.c. are ya???????
how many people do you have working w/ you??????
business is totally picking up!!!!!! hoping to make my
full time job at the depot my part time and make my
part time tree thang into my full time gig.
budroe:cool:

Budroe, Im in Greenville and its Just me & my wife Shes the best Ground person Ive ever had. And she works as hard as i do Plus she takes care of the equipment She knows if it gets broken WE have to replace it. :D We removed 2-36" DBH Red oaks last week in a day and a half With the bucket truck of course Most people dont believe how fast we can get a tree down and proccessed. ;)

that's awesome!!!!!
if i could only put my wife on the payroll:rolleyes: !!!!!!
we're thinking about heading up to charleston labor day weekend....... how far away are you from the ocean??????
budroe:cool:
p.s. what's your inventory on tree gear????? (trucks, chippers ect.........)

I'm 5 Hrs from charlston. LOL I havent been there since i was a kid.

Lets see i've got
2 pickups
2 Dump trucks 1 ton Dumps
1 Chipper a Chuck'n Duck Which I simply Love
1 Bucket truck
1 Skid steer
2 Trailers
LOL My wife claimed my new pickup after i sold her Car The nerve! :D

Speaking of processing a tree, I gotta tell you that Brett's Morbark Hurricane chipper is the baddest mutha I have ever run! Brett doesn't have any big wood handling equipment, but that chipper makes wood practically a non-issue. Chips anything up to about 13"-14", and packs the truck tight. Chips are beautiful, too. Makes giving them away much easier.

(I made a mistake, the chipper is a 'Tornado model 13', not Hurricane)

Last edited:
Does the hurricane have a winch or a grapple? I need something like that then i would need a bigger chip truck :D

Latest posts

Back