New Logo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was over at the Vermeer dealer today. They had a BC2000 there with the winch... no graple. However it was the 2 axles :( Thing was WAY too big for residential work. Working on estates... MAYBE, working at commercial sites... no problem, working at land clearing... perfect. The woman who stays there and runs the place said that they have been slow lately with equipment sales. She said that with the 0.0% finance everybody has been upgrading their trucks and letting their other equipment go. Not sure which I would do if I could only have 1... new truck or new chipper?

LMAO I park them in the back Yard er Compound. Hmmmmm Weve been trying to figure out why we need so many trucks but the all get driven on atleast a weekly basis. Man is a tool bearing Mammal I just got a tripple helping! you should see the inside of my garage! :D

The Hurricane has 1 axle, no winch or grapple. It's also a LOT quieter than my boss's 'chuck-n-duck' back in Orlando. I think Brett said it was $32K new.

I guess you cut it to firewood length and haul it to the chipper? What kind of Chuck-N-Duck does your Boss have? Mines a 4 cylinder Asplundh.

brian,
i just gave a guy a bid today on a 100 yr old+ live oak today w/
you in mind.........would you take the 90 min. drive to vero for a quick 3 honey?????????? you should see this one, it's f-ing beautiful!!!!!!!!
budroe:cool:

David, my Boss's Asplundh (geshundeit) has a 1957 Ford smallblock V-8 with about 200 hours in it since the complete rebuild.
Brett's Morbark will eat anything 2 people can chunk on the feed table. :p

Budroe, send me an email, we can talk about it. I have a good friend in Lighthouse Point. Is that far from you?

Self-Made

Thats cool how David got his biz goin in SC. That word of mouth is a real helper. Thats how I am going to get most of my business. I may do a small ad in the paper but thats the most until I obtain more capital through the jobs I get to re-invest into my company. My real money making opportunities are going to be Christmas break and next summer because I will be able to just focus on my work and not have to think about school. I get more excited as each day goes by to start doing work in Orlando. I just got my new apt. today......I am extatic!

Mines a 4cyl Burns a whopping 7.5 Gallons of fuel in 10 hrs. Gotta love that. :D

DDM,
definatly a prune, not a removal. the tree comes out of the ground w/ a 50" dkh (diameter at knee heigth);)
the branches move out and up from there.....the tree looks like a 70' octapus standing on it's head!!!! it was cleaned out about a year ago and the owner stated that he bought the house because of this oak. he wants to stay on top of it and clean it out once a year.
budroe:cool:

Once a year! Wow that is a client! Should just be little twigs and some sprouts to do. Fun climb.

Brian, glad to hear you and Brett hooked up! Working a big chipper makes you never want to go back, even if you just have a lot of small branches. Stuff them in by the armload and..BURP.. it's done. I've used them on some landclearings where a grapple just stuffs them in. Guy I worked with this week had a job where a remote in the grapple ran the chipper, so they could run it up and down as needed.

D. with a lot of equipment you can definately stay on the micro level, I know a few guys that run just one crew, but have over a half dozen items of rolling stock. That's what us sub's are for;) to be there when you need help. Pretty soon you'll be able to call Ken (spike_it) up for sick removals, since he's moving down south. "Hmm, do I bring Ken or Brian in on this one?"

Was at the Vermeer dealer today to buy a Big Shot / helmet and Silky :) A friend of mine traded in his 250XP for an 1800. I went to check out the hours on that thing... 3504 :eek: It's a 98. The big chippers really are nice though. If you get a removal where you have to take the wood away... just chip it all. Customer wonders at the end of the day where the wood went when all you have is chips in the truck.

Beavers are :cool: This was my first co. card when I was planning on just doing stumps pt

the only bad thing is it does not say your name. it leaves people to think which they don't like to do. your company name should be in big letters.

I know But the Beaver sticks in there Mind besides ive got other signs with the name and people still call and want to knoe if i cut down trees. All they got was the Phone # .

Budroe, The ones on the 1 ton were 50.00 a set and the one on the rear of the 150 was 30.00

Back