"New" Maine Fall GTG Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all missed you at Spike's GTG. I'll probably have to run up to Maine to finally get the chance to say hello. My wife has expressed "interest" in making the trip, but the GTGs I've been to have hardly been over run with female attendees. Are you planning on camping at the site or getting a room?

We will be getting a room around the Freeport area.

I need to do some more searching for the Jonsered Factory Outlet Store in Freeport, never did find it on the last visit.

I need to do some more searching for the Jonsered Factory Outlet Store in Freeport, never did find it on the last visit.

I thought the jonny store was in shokan? :D

Can somebody bring a pie? Unported please.

Only thing on my calendar for Nov. 4th is that daylight savings ends. I am in for sure. Not much new to bring but it will still be fun. Pete hit me up sometime so we can plan some setup time.

:cheers:

New? I like running all the stuff that's been around and broken in a bit :D

Only thing on my calendar for Nov. 4th is that daylight savings ends. I am in for sure. Not much new to bring but it will still be fun. Pete hit me up sometime so we can plan some setup time.

:cheers:

I am up for that too Pete....very willing to help. So it's gonna just dark early....it must change on Sat night........

Are you planning on camping at the site or getting a room?

If you guys do get a room Sat. night, let me know. If I can make it I expect my wife and I will get a room up that way.... perhaps we could get together and do dinner or whatever.

I'm going to rent the porta potty again and I am also looking into renting an open sided tent. I have a friend that will let me borrow the same tables I had in the garage last year, so I got that covered.

Would you all be willing to chip in to cover the potty and tent? Or........seems like someone mentioned having a large open sided tent?

I have a log trailer and some logs coming for extended cookie cutting fun.......I sold the log truck a couple weeks ago.

As I've said before, if anyone needs a place to park a camper or a truck or two for the night, you are welcome. I have one 100' extension cord that would run a camper.......or two.......

Last edited:
It's only fair we all chip in what we can to help out. This is a novelty/hobby gtg, a choice, not a requirement, and it's not fair to leave that burden upon the host alone. I'd be willing to help out with some bucks toward some costs involved and also try to contribute something food wise if I can. I ain't no chef lol but if you had a request for a food item, what would it be? Either store bought or home made. I dont have a specialty unfortunately. In NY as the only guy from Maine my specialty was lobster lol, that ain't the case here.

It's only fair we all chip in what we can to help out. This is a novelty/hobby gtg, a choice, not a requirement, and it's not fair to leave that burden upon the host alone. I'd be willing to help out with some bucks toward some costs involved and also try to contribute something food wise if I can. I ain't no chef lol but if you had a request for a food item, what would it be? Either store bought or home made. I dont have a specialty unfortunately. In NY as the only guy from Maine my specialty was lobster lol, that ain't the case here.

It worked quite well last year as far as food is concerned, everyone contributed one or two meats or side dishes along with a few dessert foods. I'd like to keep it real simple on the food end, that way we have more chainsaw time!

As far as the porta potty and rental tent, if the people that can afford it just contribute what they can I can cover whatever remains.

Does'nt look like i will make it this year.
I have things going on every weekend except
the 27-28 of Oct. If things change i will be there.

I may try to do a small gtg on the 28 of oct.
still up in the air as i have a lot going on now.

Lee

It worked quite well last year as far as food is concerned, everyone contributed one or two meats or side dishes along with a few dessert foods. I'd like to keep it real simple on the food end, that way we have more chainsaw time!

As far as the porta potty and rental tent, if the people that can afford it just contribute what they can I can cover whatever remains.

Pete....How would you like to handle the $$$$??? PayPal to you?.....cash/check in the mail?....or collect donations at the GTG?? Might be nice to have a few $$ to work with beforehand to would seem. Jus' thinkin'....
Your call...whatever you're comfortable with....

Pete....How would you like to handle the $$$$??? PayPal to you?.....cash/check in the mail?....or collect donations at the GTG?? Might be nice to have a few $$ to work with beforehand to would seem. Jus' thinkin'....
Your call...whatever you're comfortable with....

I want to call the tent rental place later today to get an idea what they charge for a set up tent, I know the porta potty is about $90. for the weekend. So, let me get my ducks in a row and post it up later.

Back