"New" Maine Fall GTG Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great I'll keep an eye out....

I called the tent rental place and they said normally Nov 1st is the cut off for tent rental, but he said he'd talk to the manager and get back to me about Nov. 4th. It's a 20'x20' open sided tent and they set it up and take it down after. $325. for the rental and set up/removal. So for $400. we can have a tent and a potra potty for the day. If that seems too expensive we can wing it without the tent. My only concern is that I don't have the shelter off the garage to offer this year, it's full to the gills and off limits.

$400. divide by 20 people is only 20 bucks a piece..........I don't mind tossing in $50. to keep the cost down for others...........or just get the porta potty. I'll do what the masses think is best.

I called the tent rental place and they said normally Nov 1st is the cut off for tent rental, but he said he'd talk to the manager and get back to me about Nov. 4th. It's a 20'x20' open sided tent and they set it up and take it down after. $325. for the rental and set up/removal. So for $400. we can have a tent and a potra potty for the day. If that seems too expensive we can wing it without the tent. My only concern is that I don't have the shelter off the garage to offer this year, it's full to the gills and off limits.

$400. divide by 20 people is only 20 bucks a piece..........I don't mind tossing in $50. to keep the cost down for others...........or just get the porta potty. I'll do what the masses think is best.

K.....count me in for fitty bucks too.......:cheers:

Thanx!

It would be real nice to have shelter for the tables and ourselves at that time of year, a little rain shower wouldn't be quite as bad to deal with. Having them set it up and take it away would take some stress out of the day too.

If anyone has a propane grill to bring along that'd be pretty sweet. I'm making some pickled eggs for the event and probably some Greek Pasta salad.

Thanx!

It would be real nice to have shelter for the tables and ourselves at that time of year, a little rain shower wouldn't be quite as bad to deal with. Having them set it up and take it away would take some stress out of the day too.

If anyone has a propane grill to bring along that'd be pretty sweet. I'm making some pickled eggs for the event and probably some Greek Pasta salad.

Count me in for some cash, I'll bring along with me. I have a Weber Q220 grill I can bring, it's decent sized and portable. And the pickled eggs..... May make myself ride in the back of the truck on the way home :laugh:

I can only assume Dug has Dolmar saws to display from his avatar ;) I can pop some Huskys if he's not a Husky dealer too if anybody has a request for anything in particular they'd like to feel up a bit. It would make for a good side by side comparison. No demos at the moment but all my personal stuff is fair game for anyone to play with. Usually most models are covered by other folks anyway. Last year I brought a 562, this year it's a 550 from the new chassis saws.

Dolmar orange is a good thing!

DSC_0009-2.jpg

Last edited:
HI TK , yes bring Huskys I dont have Husky . I just thought I would bring some DOLMARS off the shelf for people to handle and look at and a couple of demos. I have a 6400 and a 5105 for demo. I dont have any great old saws to run but am a saw fan so would like to come and see them and shoot the breeze.
Whats the address of the gtg? doug

HI TK , yes bring Huskys I dont have Husky . I just thought I would bring some DOLMARS off the shelf for people to handle and look at and a couple of demos. I have a 6400 and a 5105 for demo. I dont have any great old saws to run but am a saw fan so would like to come and see them and shoot the breeze.
Whats the address of the gtg? doug

Hey it's all good, always glad to have some good comparisons on hand :) I'm pretty much a saw nut who has to force hisself to the other side of the shop so I don't drool all over the showroom floor all day lol! Usually there's a dominant brand at a gtg but if it can be leveled out a bit I think it makes for a good show. And it's definitely not often folks get to handle similar saws of different brands at the same time. I'm looking forward to meeting you and others that I haven't met yet! :D

Hey it's all good, always glad to have some good comparisons on hand :) I'm pretty much a saw nut who has to force hisself to the other side of the shop so I don't drool all over the showroom floor all day lol! Usually there's a dominant brand at a gtg but if it can be leveled out a bit I think it makes for a good show. And it's definitely not often folks get to handle similar saws of different brands at the same time. I'm looking forward to meeting you and others that I haven't met yet! :D

I have a near new 576XP that I would like to swap for a new 550XP...............

The first rental outfit I spoke with is all done with tent rentals for the season. The people they refered me have not returned my call as of yet. I have a friend that has a large open sided tent, I hate to ask to borrow it as it's a bear to set up.

I have a near new 576XP that I would like to swap for a new 550XP...............

I will think long and hard about it. Big saws don't move quick down these parts but I may be willing to trade ya ;)

I was thinking about bring some heated handled Jonsered saws to the GTG.

I might like to run those......................... ;)

May need 'em...LOL!!!

Actually I am in the process of reclaiming a 521EV...may be ready for the GTG....if it is worthy..

Did you ever get that 451EV going?

I might like to run those......................... ;)

Did you ever get that 451EV going?

No not yet...but I did find a NOS heater switch which was the big hold up.....funny thing was the 521EV needed a different heater switch and the same guy had both!!! It seems bama bought a bunch of NOS switches in a lot off ebay yrs ago!! Lucky for me!! We swapped parts in both deals so no funds were exchanged...worked out good for everyone!!

I have several real nice Jonsereds projects to keep me busy this winter the 451EV is one...then a nice 630V....then a total restoration of the 521EV...then a 910E build from the cases up.....and of course atleast three more 49SPs ....and then there's the 90.........and a couple 80s......I gotts plenty to do!!!

Latest posts

Back