"New" Maine Fall GTG Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did we decide on a start time? I probably wouldn't be up there much before 9 since I'm a couple hours out.

9am seems a good time to start having people show up, sounds like a plan. People can show up at whatever time they like throughout the day, I'll be lurking around setting things up from 8am on.

Last edited:
Holy smokes that's a little early in the mornin for this fella. I'll see you guys a little before noon probably, leave some wood for me :D

Did you end up getting a tent? I was just wondering how much to plan on for helping out with the costs.

So far the first place I called said they are done renting tents for the season, the second place wouldn't return my calls and the third option is to set up my friends tent and take it down.........I don't want to do that as I have to drive alot to pick the tent up and return it..........not sure what the next step is?

I have a 10' x 10' fairly easy to set up shade thingy. Open on all sides.

Yes, let's try that. I'd like to keep it simple.

somesawguy, you said you have a smaller open sided tent too?

And I'll be there earlier, just joking about the noontime thing :cool2:

I can bring my screen tent thing. I'll just open the screen sides, and it'll be fine for keeping drizzle off or whatever. :D

It's been sitting in the basement for awhile, so I will try to set it up this weekend and air it out.

Last edited:
Just thinking that saws to bring. The Husky 365 Special, Jonsered 2165, Husky 562xpg and Jonsered 2156cwh. Two modified and two stockers this will work out good!

For food some pies like last year and some white hot dogs from our area.

We are planning on staying in Old Orchard beach area.
Just need to find a Saturday night auction house around that area.

I've heard of the infamous white hotdogs, love to try one! Maybe I'll bring some reds and the standard browns for a full array of colors lol!

Speaking of food, we need to get that nailed down to specifics. Forget the saws, they'll always be there. I'm interested in food :D

Just thinking that saws to bring. The Husky 365 Special, Jonsered 2165, Husky 562xpg and Jonsered 2156cwh. Two modified and two stockers this will work out good!

For food some pies like last year and some white hot dogs from our area.

We are planning on staying in Old Orchard beach area.
Just need to find a Saturday night auction house around that area.

Go to this site and put in OOB's zip code and it will tell you the auctions that are close. Find Live & Online Auctions for Antiques, Art, Cars & More at AuctionZip.com

Talking to my wife tonight about what kinds of pies to bring. She thinks I would be stepping on some toes if I brought a Blueberry pie to Maine. She thinks that a Grape pie would be better.

While I've had no luck finding a Jonsered Factory Outlet store in the Freeport area. I did find a Husquvarna Outlet store on Rt 1 in Scarborough. Hope to visit that store Saturday.

That's probably the largest husqvarna outlet in the east coast!

And I'm a fan of pumpkin pie and chocolate pie and apple pie..... :D

Back