New ms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. I picked up an 046 the other night in good condition. I got it running today...I didn't spend that much, but never the less, a good score. I still think my $300, 3 year old 066 was the best score I found

coveredinsap said:
Nicely done. I think there are no replies because everyone is so damn jealous.

Whatcha mean jealous Sap. Back in ole 1997 I went to work one morning, Chrsitmas Eve to be exact. I walked in and one of the guys says there's a gift in the office for you. I looked in the office and I didn't see any wrapped gift like I was looking for. One of the guys says ya big dummy its sitting in your chair behind your desk. I looked over at my chair and there was a Stihl chain saw case sitting on it. I thought cool, a new case, wow, thanks. Someone hollered the case is only part of the gift, open it up. I thought what. I went over and picked up the case and sure enuff there was something in it. I opened it and there sat a brand new 046 Mag. Inside was also a card that said Merry Christmas from Pete. I thought now I'll be damn. Pete is a old geezer buddy of mine. He's 81 now. Him and me play checkers and just hang out now and then. We put out a garden together and I took him over to the strip club a few times so he could get his thrills like in his younger days. He bought me that 046 for being just good to him and being his checker buddy and plain ole pal. Course for months he beat the living hell out of me in checkers but I finally managed to get good enough to whip his hide every now and then. We still the best of buds and we still have a ball. His friendship to me means alot more to me than that saw he bought me in 1997 so nope I'm not jealous at all that the man got a great deal at the pawn shop. Good for him I say, more the better. Hope his runs as good as mine....................

Freakingstang said:
Cool. I picked up an 046 the other night in good condition. I got it running today...I didn't spend that much, but never the less, a good score. I still think my $300, 3 year old 066 was the best score I found

300.00 for a 3 yr old 066, dayummmm that was a deal and a half there. Good job...............

THALL10326 said:
300.00 for a 3 yr old 066, dayummmm that was a deal and a half there. Good job...............

Here is the sad part...IT was bought by an amish Logger. The new guy was told to go to schlabachs to get a new saw. It was supposed to be a 395, as they ran huskies only. he went to the only saw shop he knew. Schlabach's engine---it was a Stihl dealer. The saw was a backup saw that hasn't seen much use as they wanted another husky and the guys were not familiar with it. I originally bought it to resell for a couple bucks, but it is too nice to let go. I couldn't replace it. It was built 10/03 and I bought it 2/06. So it isn't even a full three years old!

Last edited:
Freakingstang said:
Here is the sad part...IT was bought by an amish Logger. The new guy was told to go to schlabachs to get a new saw. It was supposed to be a 395, as they ran huskies only. he went to the only saw shop he knew. Schlabach's engine---it was a Stihl dealer. The saw was a backup saw that hasn't seen much use as they wanted another husky and the guys were not familiar with it. I originally bought it to resell for a couple bucks, but it is too nice to let go. I couldn't replace it. It was built 10/03 and I bought it 2/06. So it isn't even a full three years old!

Sounds like you stumbled upon a winner there, cool.............

Latest posts

Back