New MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got my new MS660 last Thursday, and had to talk the dealer into looking into a dual port muffler cover (that they insisted didn't exist). If came in today...

Can I put it on right away, or do I need to run the suggested 5 to 15 tanks of fuel through the saw to break it in before installing my Dual Port cover?

mine has been on since new....Open it up and let it breathe. The older ones came with them and ran tons of hours with now ill effects....

Of the 066/660's I have ran... I love them... Great saws!:D

Gary

Just what I wanted to hear! In the next couple days, I have to choose between a new 660 and a rebuilt 066. The 066 has a new OEM p/c and was built by a good Stihl tech. Haven't had a chance to talk with the guy directly, so I don't know what he wants for it. Sounds like a good saw, but a new one is... well, new. ;)

I'm gonna have to check into a dual port muffler for my new 660's....I never thought of that..I wonder if that will make em' keep up better with the 395's.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Stick it on now, but adjust your carb..... which means removing and replacing the limiter caps..

My 660's been stock since I bought it four years ago. Is it really true I can order the different cover thru a dealer without a hassle?

I've found the stock power to be more than adequate for my "homeowner" use. I am concerned about the noise level of the modded saw. Can anyone tell me how much the dbs go up?

da hack

My 660's been stock since I bought it four years ago. Is it really true I can order the different cover thru a dealer without a hassle?

I've found the stock power to be more than adequate for my "homeowner" use. I am concerned about the noise level of the modded saw. Can anyone tell me how much the dbs go up?

da hack

Order part #1122-140-0800

It will be a lot louder........a lot!!!!!

Order part #1122-140-0800

It will be a lot louder........a lot!!!!!

Hi! I know what will happen now then Troll have got his 372xp. I have to look for a 660 for him around in the area here, but probably it will be a specially order. :) :greenchainsaw:

da hack

Yes, very easy to get...

It's loud... and was the reason the DP was discontinued... it exceeded OSHA limits. If it bothers you, wear ear plugs inside you ear muffs.

"TooMany?" What does "toomany" mean? No definition found for the word in the"New Websters Chain Saw Dictionary."

Would make a good thread!!!

Okay, let me try to explain it:

If you had a 260, a 361, a 440, a 460, and a 660
plus a backup saw for each one
plus a parts saw for each one

we still wouldn't know how many is too many.

Latest posts

Back