New Ponsee Scorpion...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya- this guys video's are neet. It's where my ultimate yarder idea started. Had better quit w/ the yarder bit this is a Ponsee thread.LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

I have talked to guys that tried to run several crews and the headaches involved. It doesn't sound like fun. I know that a good harvester and double bunk forwarder can crank out 150 to 200 cords of pulp around here. At $100 per cord roughly that the $15-20k. After the trucking and the stumpage you are probably down to $50-$60 per cord. Who wants to sit in a machine all day playing with small wood though?

Hey bitz how many cord is in a thousand bd ft? I don't know the conversion. But you're right about the thinning contractors making about 10K a week gross if I remember correctly. We figured out what we are paying ours a week minus costs and such... At first the margins seem really small but then once you do the math it works out okay. You just can't be dumb in the business and depriciate and write stuff off as much as you can!

Hey bitz how many cord is in a thousand bd ft? I don't know the conversion. But you're right about the thinning contractors making about 10K a week gross if I remember correctly. We figured out what we are paying ours a week minus costs and such... At first the margins seem really small but then once you do the math it works out okay. You just can't be dumb in the business and depriciate and write stuff off as much as you can!

Ok, 1.536 thousand per cord

Based on 4x4x8 eq 128

1x1x12x8/12 eq 8
8x48x4 eq 1536 bf

Someone check me... I could be dumb.

Hey bitz how many cord is in a thousand bd ft? I don't know the conversion. But you're right about the thinning contractors making about 10K a week gross if I remember correctly. We figured out what we are paying ours a week minus costs and such... At first the margins seem really small but then once you do the math it works out okay. You just can't be dumb in the business and depreciate and write stuff off as much as you can!
Hei! The answer to your question is; 1000board feet = 0.651041667 cord, 6 tons of logs to make 1 MBF of wood. Disclaimer these are approx., lots of things could affect this calculation- species of wood, for one! But can get you into ball-park...
When things get complicated, use this crutch- Convert thousand board feet <?> cord ? Miscellaneous Converters ? Lumber Volume Measures ? Compact Calculator Remember- we are here to help each other... Thanks!

Back