New Project 045 AV Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a little wet. You can easily see how good a condition it's in.

158846507-M.jpg

Good threads. No cracks anywhere on the saw. None!
158846514-M.jpg

158846528-M.jpg

158846538-M.jpg

Notice the lack of chain marks.
158846558-M.jpg

Nice project saw...

If you need a gasket and seal kit.. I can likely get one for you (aftermarket) if you have problems.

Two things ;)

1) Your muffler is assembled upside down!
2) where do the Donkeys fit?

Last edited:
Sand blasted and about ready for paint.
Go ahead and slaughter me. Yes, I stuck a screw in the fuel hole.
I hope I'm not boring too many of you. I'll post more as progress continues. BTW, all my pics can be found at http://photo.blsnelling.com/

Hey Brad where do ya plan on mounting that pair of Jack Asses????

Are they OEM or aftermarket????? :jester: :jester: :jester:

So how well will this old 87cc work horse pull a 36" skip chain? It'll probably get my standard fair woods port, unless you guys advise me otherwise. How can I tell if mine has the steel sleeve on the clutch side bearing? I'm not sure since I won't be pulling the bearings or splitting the cases on this saw.

A good "woodsport" for this saw would be to put on a mag2 muffler.. vents to the back and the front. You'll need to trim your cylinder fins, but I can send you the measurements/tech note. And then there the factory mod to the carb box cover...

but... why not leave it stock, and just get a mag2 project saw...

The IPL generally only shows the aggregate of the latest changes. The gasket might belong to an early version.

If you have the boot sleeve insert, I don't believe you need the gasket.

Actually I've never used it before. I bought this to coat the bottom of the mowing deck of my tractor. I bought the metal prep to nuetralize the surface rust, then the POR15, and then topcoated for the ulitmate in protection. I'm hoping that it'll stop collecting so much grass under the deck.

Back