New Project Saw. Dolmar PS-7900!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what was on the bench today! Didn't see the point for a new thread. The fil got it running for a friend. This thing is heavy and huge! What a beast. Guess it runs good image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Awesome. Jar944 didn't think it would make any difference but I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. If it oiled more great....If it didn't I was halfway to his full mod. I haven't tried it out. Was planning on cutting a load Sunday just to test it. I have a couple 36-40" logs that need chunked up

I have the carb adjusted as rich as it will go because of the plastic tabs that limit the amount the screw can be turned. should I cut/break them off? The only modification is the muffler has been gutted.

I have the carb adjusted as rich as it will go because of the plastic tabs that limit the amount the screw can be turned. should I cut/break them off? The only modification is the muffler has been gutted.
It won't hurt anything to cut off the tabs that keep the screws from turning. I've done it with just a utility knife. At least that way you'll have full adjustment...

I will do that when I get a chance. The oiler seems to be working better now, there's actually oil visible on the chain now. It still wont fling it off the end of the bar but its an improvement. I do have a rebuild kit for the oil pump if need be. Hopefully I can get it in some wood by the end of the week to confirm that its oiling enough for use.

Awesome thread guys, this is why I love this place.

To those who ground down your Oilers, do you have pics of the process or specs on angle/amount taken off?

I am curious to see the durability of the plastic pin on the long term with increased pressure on it.

Guess who's an idiot and never fully tightened the flywheel nut and sheared the key of his brand new flywheel? This guy!!! Lined it back up and tightened good and it's back to normal. Still pissed though. Here's a pic of the 7900 with little and big brothers lol
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 9
Yeah I sheared one on an 041 removing the flywheel but that was a replaceable key. Why does dolmar cast it as part of the flywheel?

Put fresh fuel in the Pioneer and started it for the first time since around Thanksgiving. Started right up. Love the exhaust not on this bad boy! lol

Guess who's an idiot and never fully tightened the flywheel nut and sheared the key of his brand new flywheel? This guy!!! Lined it back up and tightened good and it's back to normal. Still pissed though. Here's a pic of the 7900 with little and big brothers lol
View attachment 409914
Is that the clutch cover I sent ya?
Looks good

Back