New Project Saw. Dolmar PS-7900!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg image.jpg The clutch cover from Adirondackstihl came today. Got it cleaned up and treated it to a new chip guard and decal (will probably last 30 sec lol). I like it. Has a nice used but not abused look. That's the theme of this build haha

Im just waiting on the throttle return spring for the carb. I could probably cob something up but thought I should just wait until the right piece comes. Plus I can double check everything Ive done thus far. The off center decomp hole is going to drive me crazy but in reality is no big deal. Im going to make sure the oiler works properly before using the new bar because I don't want to get a burn spot on it. Ill also put some bar oil in the channel and run the chain around by a few times too.

You really can't even tell on the decomp hole. Pretty sure mine is a tad off center on the 6401 also. It looks great. I hope you make a video of the first start up. hint, hint... :D

lookin good. now that the muffler is cleaned up i should have spent a bit more time on it. of course if i could have found my shot bag it would be a little better

It has been leaking bar oil some (more than it should). It seems this is a fairly common issue with these saws. What is the fix for this? One of the oil lines is green. Ill actually get to run it today though, im excited to see how she works.

green lines are the updated ones but it may still need them replaced. I have replaced a couple of the green ones that leaked also. Did you check that the tank vent was working?

I did not specifically pay attention to the tank vent or its location. Where is it?

Ah now is see. Its the little valve behind the guide plate. Ill check that too

Latest posts

Back