New saw, $250 limit???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you guys recommending pullons?:dizzy: Add a few more bucks to that $175 turd and you can buy a decent saw...

I'd even say go for the echo over the pullon.:jawdrop:

Why are you guys recommending pullons? Add a few more bucks to that $175 turd and you can buy a decent saw...

+1

Exactly! I wouldn't say that on an old poulan, but this crap made lately, I don't buy a saw with the intention of having to get warranty work done on it right away or working on it myself. I want the saw to send time producing firewood, with down time limited to fuel/bar oil/chain maint., I just don't get the concept of save a penny to later send a dollar.
The 299.99/efco/cub cadet/john deere is light years ahead of a 330. It get's used by the guys just as much as the 361 or 038 and they've both been in for repairs......let me think.....zero, nada, never in a commercial firewood production enviroment, this just means xtra dollars you keep in your wallet, no down time, producing dollars. I know all to well how tight money is in this economy, but a saw can be a lifetime investment if cared for properly, or if you buy the cheap **** they can be disposables, I rather have one good saw than four wild thangs.lol

The 5720 is definetly worth the 20.00 more at 299.99. After you run the 5720 you'll forget a 330 ever existed.

If you use Bing cashback (8%) you can find new Husqvarna 350 or 440, Solo 636, and small Dolmars in that range on Ebay

Hi Folks:
I cut under 2 cords of firewood a year, a lot of it being poplar, and nothing over 10", I am looking for a new saw of some sort in the "up to $250 range", what would you recommend? Please don't say "spend more money" that is not an option.
Please consider the reconditioned saws also, I really like the looks of the small Husky's, are they ok?
Thanks in advance!!

husky 445 reconditioned is what i would get

Don't buy a Homelite 42cc from that big orange box store. It retails for $156.95 and is made in China, it'll run fine out of the box and for a few cords of wood, then you have problems. It's a disposable saw. I was really disappointed to see Homelite being made in China now, they used to have a good product many years ago ....

Cub Cadet 56cc saw on Amazon for 299.99 to your door. Made by EFCO made in Italy, five year warranty, pro-construction, 4.1 hp, look at the efco saws on Bailey's site for the specs. Very close to a stock 361 Stihl. Great air filtration, easy on fuel, IMHO the best bang for the buck. We run the same saw in the John Deere colors in our wood cutting operation and have had zero issues in commercial cutting conditions/useage. It'll handle anything up to 24" wood with ease. Spend the extra 40.00 and get something that will last you a lifetime with your cutting requirements.

those are gone.

Latest posts

Back