New Saw... 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It cuts a bit faster with the 8 pin. I wouldn't recommend it with anything over 20" because you have to be so light with your touch.

Yup. Put DP 8 pin & 24" on mine as soon as it got home. Really liked the saw, but was starting to get the impression it didn't have any torque. Very touchy. Threw the stock 7 pin back on, and loved it. 20" on down, and the 8 pin is great.

Couple of weeks ago, just for kicks, I put the 8 pin on the 440 with a 16" bar w/ fresh 3/8 square filed chisel chain on to limb and block some 12-14" ash. Wow! That smoked!

It would be fun to run the 440 with a 20" but I really need the extra length of a 24". Or I could run the 440 with a 20" and move to a three saw plan...

The 440 is such a sweet saw. I can run it for hours, limb with it, block with it. I can only guess going much heavier I would be grabbing the 50cc more often. I would like to hear more after you run the 441 and 440 together.
Dok

PA: After I put the DP on my 440 and got it broke in, I find it a great saw to use. I tried the 8pin but found it was not a good match when using my 28" and cutting hardwood. I like the 440 more than my 441. The 440 air filter definitely collects chips, but the 441 seems bulky and does not balance as good for me. As someone above said, I had the 440 first and just may not be adjusting to new technology. If anyone knows where to find a new 440 (must be a few remaining), send me a PM; then I can further delay this adjustment.

We are still getting ice and rain in the Harrisburg, PA area. No cutt'n for either of my "girls" until next week.:(

HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE???

Plumber...how them girly saws doin' fer ya??? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

+1

If anyone knows where to find a new 440 (must be a few remaining), send me a PM; then I can further delay this adjustment.

Yep!!!!!

PM me first!!!!! LOL

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Prolly cause you were out clowning around as usual!!!!!!!!! Ya big,,,, Nimrod!!!!!!

Last edited:

Plumber...how them girly saws doin' fer ya??? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

This post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, Woodsley.;):chainsaw:

My "girls" are...

Sweet to hold, smooth lines, fine "singing," hard work'n, no complain'n, ready at a moment's notice, and like to eat wood. If that's "girly" then I'll take "girly" everytime!!!

:smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

PA: After I put the DP on my 440 and got it broke in, I find it a great saw to use. I tried the 8pin but found it was not a good match when using my 28" and cutting hardwood. I like the 440 more than my 441. The 440 air filter definitely collects chips, but the 441 seems bulky and does not balance as good for me. As someone above said, I had the 440 first and just may not be adjusting to new technology. If anyone knows where to find a new 440 (must be a few remaining), send me a PM; then I can further delay this adjustment.

I do have this teensy little confession to make...

I like the 440 better than the 441.

My "girls" are...

Sweet to hold, smooth lines, fine "singing," hard work'n, no complain'n, ready at a moment's notice, and like to eat wood. If that's "girly" then I'll take "girly" everytime!!!

Your girl doesn't like wood?

Poor guy........:givebeer: :dizzy:

My "girls" are...

My d@m repper is out agin!!!!

Sums it up right here.

JRedLady.jpg

StihlLady.jpg

Yeah, but you must be into that "baby got back" thing, cause your 441 has a fat arse!!! :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Well, as long as she continues to carry it nice and high.....:greenchainsaw:

Just in case someone may have missed the small fine print of PA PLUMBER's post above:

"I like the 440 better than the 441."

Latest posts

Back