New saw poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which saw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had 2 dolmars at one time and they worked pretty good, then the winter came. They were the worst saws for freezing up. I assume they've improved that aspect by now but it turned me off them in a hurry.

MS440 if they are re-released... If they aren't the MS460 is a sweet saw... :msp_wink:

I've had 2 460s already too. I thought about the 681 but finding one now is probably a little tough. I've also had a 576 already too.

The 681 was my first thought, buy as Mike said it may be tough to find plus he can get the 7900 at a very good deal. I would go with a 681 too though.

Get whatever you haven't had,,,,since you'll just trade it off in a couple months anyways.:hmm3grin2orange:

Get whatever you haven't had,,,,since you'll just trade it off in a couple months anyways.:hmm3grin2orange:

That is about right any way. I like to have firsthand knowledge of a saw before I recommend it or say its not that great. I haven't had a 2188, 441, or 681. I like the husky angled handle better than the jonsered handle.

That is about right any way. I like to have firsthand knowledge of a saw before I recommend it or say its not that great. I haven't had a 2188, 441, or 681. I like the husky angled handle better than the jonsered handle.

Iz just jerkin your chain.:laugh: Its good to speak from expierence though. I like the angled handle better too. Have a dolkita DPC 7301 cut off saw that has a straight handle,,,,Its not to bad, but the angled handles seem to fit me better.

3 Years ago that question would be very simple for me to answer. Because I am so cheap the 7900 was a very affordable saw back then the 7900 would have been an easy choice for me. Today I would have looked a little harder at the Stihl and Husky. But the 7900 has done everything I want and I have had zero issues with it,its a great saw.

Dang! Now I wanna a new saw..........A brand spankin new 880 might be nice too..

Yeah a new 880 would be the answer. :msp_tongue: I'm leaning towards another 7900 right now. I don't know where I could find a 681 at.

i have had a 385; it's gone. no stronger and 2 lbs heavier than the 7900.
i have 2 044's; probably a LITTLE better in the hands than the 7900, considerably weaker in stock form
i have a 441; smooth, but heavier and not particularly strong. it's going bye-bye.
if you want something a little different, get an 064 and put a BB on it. that will take care of two wants: something mid-sized (in weight and bulk) and 98cc's strong.

Latest posts

Back