New SpeedPro Kinetic Log Splitter from TSC...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is stalking the 800 post count. A better disenchanted choir DR and SS couldn't wish or pay for. Onya Speeco. There may be worse ways to damage the brand than this continuing saga but this must make a greatest hits collection surely?
So, out with then...who's being paid by DR or SS to keep this thread rolling? :msp_biggrin:

I wonder what Blount make of all this, or if they even care about the potential damage to their investment (and I use that term loosely), seeing how they gobbled up Speeco ownership a while ago.

It would also be interesting to see whether TSC and/or the market in general can be arsed with any future Speeco flywheel offerings and who of those responsible for this fiasco manage to keep their jobs. Or perhaps Speeco are infected with the same epidemic sweeping across large tracts of society - CRD (collective responsibility disorder). You know the one: every major screw up is investigated by pocket-lining puppets and deemed to be the collective responsibility of the whole group so that no self-protecting blame shifter is liable, and the underwriters of last resort (consumers, or as the case may be, taxpayers) end up footing the bill.

Last edited:
Opted out!

Well, as of today I am no longer a SpeedPro owner...I took it back for a refund. I simply got tired of waiting for a resolution to SpeeCo's problems. It's going to cost me a fair amount more for a different brand, but I want a machine that I don't feel like I have to baby along in hopes that something won't break! I can honestly say and feel good about the fact that I gave the SpeedPro a more than fair chance. I feel that I went above and beyond in an effort to get the machine to perform the way it should have. The delay in a remedy, along with no follow-ups from SpeeCo were the straws that broke the camel's back. I have enjoyed sharing stories and ideas with all of you folks, and I sincerely hope that SpeeCo comes through for all of the SpeedPro owners out there. You all paid good money for their product, and you deserve a quality, trouble free, long-lasting machine! Good luck to all...I will continue to follow this thread to see what happens.

Take care,

P.Williamson

I wandered into tsc the other day and looked at the splitters and noticed that they no longer had this splitter. I can't say as that it surprises me. When I first saw them at tsc the first thing I noticed is the cheap chines motor and the fact that the drive belt was no where near aligned with the flywheel. It wasn't even like the belts were misaligned the same way on each splitter. They were cocked off all different directions, some even hitting the plastic shroud.

I wandered into tsc the other day and looked at the splitters and noticed that they no longer had this splitter. I can't say as that it surprises me. When I first saw them at tsc the first thing I noticed is the cheap chines motor and the fact that the drive belt was no where near aligned with the flywheel. It wasn't even like the belts were misaligned the same way on each splitter. They were cocked off all different directions, some even hitting the plastic shroud.

The clutch being out of alignment is an assembly issue...someone simply didn't take the time to get it right. I'm not sure what plastic shroud you are referring to, as there was no plastic shroud on my machine.

Looks like Speeco is running the parts out of china. Getting something fixed often means re-negotiating the contract, which means more money, and it always takes time. When the new and improved (properly made) parts are finally done they load them on a slow boat.

Really was hoping to see this fixed by now. Being able to go pick up a towable kinetic splitter for a decent price is appealing to me. (long as it works)

Mr. HE:cool:

American made

I have bought all my equipment from Ramsplitter.com and have never had a failure of the equipment. I have a lot and it runs a lot year round. Not part time. Later

Ramsplitters kinetic machine??????????

I have bought all my equipment from Ramsplitter.com and have never had a failure of the equipment. I have a lot and it runs a lot year round. Not part time. Later

CRThomas, where does ramsplitter offer a kinetic machine? That is what this thread is all about, not hydraulic machines.

Don't know

CRThomas, where does ramsplitter offer a kinetic machine? That is what this thread is all about, not hydraulic machines.
I do not know I only use hyd. Because my business has to be reliable I can't chance new type machines. Have been read after you fellows so I never looked in to a kinetic machine. I am 71 and I don't need a machine that fast. Sorry I bothered you folks later

With respect, I consider his reference to 'American made' relevant and certainly no less so than posts from those with non TSC made splitters, regardless of whether their splitter is kinetic, water jet, laser beams, psychic wedge energy or any other darn flavour of splitter.
Let's face it, one can only flog a dead horse for so long before it loses value, so shifting a little sideways to relevant issues is not to be discouraged, in my not so humble opinion.

I do not know I only use hyd. Because my business has to be reliable I can't chance new type machines. Have been read after you fellows so I never looked in to a kinetic machine. I am 71 and I don't need a machine that fast. Sorry I bothered you folks later
You'll find Super split has been around for donkey's years doing kinetic splitters. It's just these Speeco and DR splitters that are new kids on the block. So I'd not consider kinetic splitters "new types"s such, rather Speeco a "new supplier" of this old and proven type of splitter. It's obvious from this thread that Speeco haven't proven their competency with such a splitter machine though.

With respect, I consider his reference to 'American made' relevant and certainly no less so than posts from those with non TSC made splitters, regardless of whether their splitter is kinetic, water jet, laser beams, psychic wedge energy or any other darn flavour of splitter.
Let's face it, one can only flog a dead horse for so long before it loses value, so shifting a little sideways to relevant issues is not to be discouraged, in my not so humble opinion.

American assembled maybe.

American assembled maybe.
We have the same confusion here with all sorts of things. I can't recall what the % of local content has to be before it can be called NZ Made. there is a disappointingly perpetual line of marketeers willing to obfuscate the origin to their advantage with weasel phrases like (in big lettering) "assembled right here" (in fine print) "made from local and imported ingredients". Such is globalisation. There used to be a TV program here that dug really deep into the origins of simple everyday products and it was insane how many different countries were involved before they hit the shelves.

Kinetic

Kiwi,

My gripe with CRThomas was that he's giving a link to a company that doesn't even build a kinetic splitter. Hydraulic splitters are great but have zero application with respect the problems the Speecp machine is having.

Goodness knows you have been a frequent contributor to this thread. Have you purchased a kinetic splitter yet? If so, which machine did you buy? Ocean freight to NZ can't be that slow. How about the loader grapple attachment? I look forward to your reviews of your new purchases:hmm3grin2orange:

Cheers,

Tom

Kiwi,
I look forward to your reviews of your new purchases:hmm3grin2orange:

Cheers,

Tom

they're coming, with pictures and a list of "what I learned not to do".
I'm up to my eyeballs in new equipment purchases and can't wait for most of it to arrive and get put to work. Lord knows my bank account can;t wait either...b/c that is looking pretty darn grim. they say it's always darkest before dawn, so here's hoping the tide of $ starts turning real soon.

well my parts were allegedly overnighted on valentines day. apparently speeco had a hard time tracking down some bearings. I sourced some myself and then they called to say they had found some.

The bearings are very odd sized, my supplier had never seen one and had a hard time finding one since the number "YFB SS39" doesn't cross to anything. After taking some measurements and checking about a dozen books we found these are good numbers to use or cross to. These were numbers for the sealed, fully caged bearings which would be the strongest option. We don't know if the old ones are caged or not. Anyways, if I have problems with them again i'm going to order a set of one of them below.

NART 10 VUUR
NATV10PP
MCYR-10-S

800 posts! This is the longest thread I have seen.

I was seriously interested in getting a Speedpro, glad I waited to see if they held up. Hope they get the problems fixed and start selling them again. Maybe things will be settled by late summer and I can get one then.

Back