New SpeedPro Kinetic Log Splitter from TSC...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clutch option

I did read about the other clutches but I was thinking they wouldn't work based on drive belt requirement of flywheel. To be honost I could probably rig up the jackshaft quicker than I could read 900 replies. I would love it if you could save me the reading.

Dozerman thanks for the tip and the welcoming.

I did read about the other clutches but I was thinking they wouldn't work based on drive belt requirement of flywheel. To be honost I could probably rig up the jackshaft quicker than I could read 900 replies. I would love it if you could save me the reading.

Dozerman thanks for the tip and the welcoming.
Hey speeco how about a smaller pulley

Pulley Diameter

Does anyone know the pulley diameters O.D. for the following:?

1. Speeco
  2. DR
  3. SuperSplit

Three inch O.D. is the smallest one I have found and it is a single groove pulley and we use double groove.

1. Speeco
  2. DR
  3. SuperSplit

Three inch O.D. is the smallest one I have found and it is a single groove pulley and we use double groove.

If my memory serves me correctly the speeco was 3.625", ss was 1.5", and I think the dr is a little bigger than the ss at like 1.75" or so. I wouldn't trust my memory though...er...what was the question???

Last edited:

1. Speeco
  2. DR
  3. SuperSplit

Maybe these guys can help, although would 2.55" be small enough?

Surplus Center

I believe the pulleys are part of the centrifugal clutch and the smallest readily available is in the 3" range. SS and DR must by using a spec'd part they get made for them. A guy could make his own by getting a smaller pulley, cutting the big pulley off the clutch, and welding the small one on. All in how much work you want to do. Getting the part ready made from DR or SS would be my vote, and I have a shop full of all the tools needed to make my own.;)

Mr. HE:cool:

I agree with Hddnis on the 3.00" being as small as readily available. I haven't any smaller while looking around on-line. Buying a clutch from either DR or SuperSplit is the easiest route to seeing this modification occur IMO.

Last edited:
I agree with Hddnis on the 3.00" being as small as readily available. I haven't any smaller while looking around on-line. Buying a clutch from either DR or SuperSplit is the easiest route to seeing this modification occur IMO.

do ss and dr use a double pulley?

do ss and dr use a double pulley?

The SpeedPro's pulley measures 3.50" O.D.

I am certain that somewhere in the nearly 1000 posts on this thread is the O.D. dims for either the SuperSplit or DR.

The SpeedPro's pulley measures 3.50" O.D.

I am certain that somewhere in the nearly 1000 posts on this thread is the O.D. dims for either the SuperSplit or DR.

OK I went a measured mine, again. SS has a 1.75" double pulley on the clutch.

This right here shows one major flaw with the SpeedPro. It's running twice the RPM of the SS...

Thanks Sunfish & Kiwi !!!

Talk about a major flaw. It amazes me that this size difference wasn't caught when this machine was "reverse engineered in China or where-ever it was done.

Thanks Sunfish & Kiwi !!!

Talk about a major flaw. It amazes me that this size difference wasn't caught when this machine was "reverse engineered in China or where-ever it was done.

Yeah, they missed the boat with this one.

DR actually bought two Super Split machines to copy, so at least they got closer to the original. ;)

Latest posts

Back