New sticker on gas pump,.... CRAP!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck we can just buy AV-gas for 1/3 of what you pay from that sissy canned stuff, but we don't need to. Maybe a few dumb homeowners would benefit though. For the rest, 50:1 pump gas works fine.

Like I've said before, I buy my alcrylate as bulk from the pump, which means I reuse the 25 liter cans I bought the first time. From the 25 liters cans I fill the excellent 2/6 liters oil/gas combo can that Husky has been so kind to develop. Everything fits perfectly together when it has been designed to do so. It saves me alot of time and I count 25USD/hour for my time in the woods, which it costs to have someone do the job in my place. A little bit of mixing and splashing here and there and I have soon earned the extra bucks it costs me. And, it's better for my health too. And, the saw runs better too. And, ....

And like has also been said before again and again, your acrylate is NOT AVAILABLE for purchase here in the US. It's a European product, so stop crying that we should start buying it. :givebeer:

Ian

Pumps with a 10% ethanol sticker have been measured at 18%+ alcohol content.
STIHL ultra oil is biodegradable - 80% degraded in 21 days -

Last edited:
I am a fan of Speedway gas, they have 93 octane premium thats the real deal. The Shell here gets bad gas, the pumps are slow, the clerks can't speak English and their "premium" is only 91 octane. If they wanna put ethanol in the 87 crap let them, thats the bulk of what commuters and "car only" fuel purchasers buy. They should leave the good stuff alone for those who actually need quality fuel.

I am also amazed how many people have no clue as to the different fuel requirements of 2-strokes compared to a car engine. Since I changed to using premium in my OPE I have had nothing but good luck. My saws run better, backpack blower has more power and starts easier and the snow blower starts a lot easier when its really cold out. And premium "smells" the way gas is supposed to smell. Yeah I am a gearhead.......

My new PP 346XP is running on nothing but AvGas since I got it. It will be interesting to see how well it does in the long term. Good thing that stuff will last for years in the can as I've got a good stock pile of it.

I am a fan of Speedway gas, they have 93 octane premium thats the real deal. The Shell here gets bad gas, the pumps are slow, the clerks can't speak English and their "premium" is only 91 octane. If they wanna put ethanol in the 87 crap let them, thats the bulk of what commuters and "car only" fuel purchasers buy. They should leave the good stuff alone for those who actually need quality fuel.

I am also amazed how many people have no clue as to the different fuel requirements of 2-strokes compared to a car engine. Since I changed to using premium in my OPE I have had nothing but good luck. My saws run better, backpack blower has more power and starts easier and the snow blower starts a lot easier when its really cold out. And premium "smells" the way gas is supposed to smell. Yeah I am a gearhead.......

Like I said in my post on this thread,it boils down to price.Speedway stations are owned by Marathon dba as Speedway Super America and if you are in Michigan the the reg. unleaded,mid grade and prm are all mixed with 10% ethanol. A lot of stations just get 87 or 92/93 and use a blender between the tanks to make 89 mid grade. You would be amazed at what stations are selling the same gas under a different name.Unless a branded station (Marathon,Shell B.P.etc) that have certain additives blended in,it is all loaded into the tank truck as unbranded wholesale.

Back