New Stihl MS361, now what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WANAB asked: WT? which of your 361's do you like better?

I've been using the Big Dave saw for several years and its my primary work saw.
I usually only take an 026 and his 361 to the woods. I cut with two other fellows and we fill up a 12 foot trailer in just over an hour. At 78 my cutting days are short. ha. But we go often.

I've been saving the Ehp 361 for competition and fun; it is the newest and the last one modified. I only take it to the woods now and then to give it a work out. Performance wise, they are very close.

Glad to hear that you are still in the woods filling up your trailer at age 78. At 61 I'm almost a kid compared to you and I will refer to you the next time someone tells me "I'm too old to be out cutting down trees".

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugenpoet

Actually, I am not, really, I am a big man - just responding to others that are - and we have to discuss something, aren't we......:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Finding the right balance with the bar is more my real thing.....

We have heated handles on most saws, and that sure adds some weight......:greenchainsaw:

LOL ive seen the photos you dont look like a heavy saw would be a problem!
Are all your saws modded?

Actually none, except that I have an Andy muffler for the MS361, to play with on my German made one......:givebeer:

I don't really care about a second or two in the cut - it is just a posture, if it sounds like that......:cheers: :cheers:

your one of the best Sawtroll:)
I never used to bother about a few seconds either but then again i bought a 455 :dizzy: Then came here and found it was a waste of time modding it:mad:
How i wish i had been her earlier and i would have just bought a 361 or 357

Thanks for the good words guys; but, I have to keep going to the woods as I own too many Stihl saws to sit and pine, pun intended. Look at these. Thanks to THALL I got the 029 Super not only running; but, screaming now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the good words guys; but, I have to keep going to the woods as I own too many Stihl saws to sit and pine, pun intended. Look at these. Thanks to THALL I got the 029 Super not only running; but, screaming now.

I've noticed in the picture that most of your Stihl's need to be potty trained they have diapers on....:)

it looked to me he was trying to keep them off the concrete. i think they are old enough to need Depends and not diapers!

as for the new 361, well enjoy it now because there is nothing left after the homecoming to get excited about. the saw is very UNISPIRING for $600.

Last edited:
it looked to me he was trying to keep them off the concrete. i think they are old enough to need Depends and not diapers!

as for the new 361, well enjoy it now because there is nothing left after the homecoming to get excited about. the saw is very UNISPIRING for $600.

Let me guess. Something you read. No knowledge on the subject as usual.

Glad I could help ya out there Tex. I give you alot credit Tex, for a man 78 years old thats loves repairing chainsaws of all things your ok in my book. If you ever need a helping hand again just holler....

What do they say?

Hey, how about a neg rep pile on for wanabenegerepped on AS? :chainsaw:

Nope...it's more fun to keep hammering on him and hope he learns something. He hasn't so far but let's not give up on him. If knowledge was a five gallon bucket he's got just enough to cover the bottom...lots of room for improvement.

Latest posts

Back