New Stihl Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn022

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So after hearing of Stihls new pricing info , I gathered some part numbers and headed off to my local dealer. Surprisingly the 660 piston was $160. Wth? The manager told me that the pricing may not have been updated yet. I was just back in to the dealer yesterday and he ensured me that the pricing was indeed current. Wth again? In his defense, he is a new service manager so he could be wrong.

Anyone else not getting the new pricing? I have seen a post where the hd2 is now affordable at $26. How about tanks,bearings, covers Etc? Anyone have info? Thanks

I wouldn't even look at OEM pistons if there's a Meteor piston in the size you need. $50 for the 660.
I hadn't heard of new Stihl pricing. Maybe they're finally realizing they have to compete with aftermarket prices. I hope local dealers will still have the same profit margin.

Sounds way high, go elsewhere. Oem is the best option.

Definitely high. I believe new retail on the 660 P/C is around $210 from what I read. I have been trying to read everything I can find on the new pricing. Not a lot of other places ( or maybe I should say BETTER) places to go around here but I will be calling around tomorrow.

Definitely high. I believe new retail on the 660 P/C is around $210 from what I read. I have been trying to read everything I can find on the new pricing. Not a lot of other places ( or maybe I should say BETTER) places to go around here but I will be calling around tomorrow.
if you can get a new oem 660 topend for 210.00, buy as many as you can get. dealer cost on them is around 225.00, and dsrp is 340.00. if you get the p/n you are looking for, i can tell you exact cost and dsrp out of loveland ohio.

i have not seen, but have heard their parts dont always fit/match well?
I haven't tried Hutzle yet but am testing out Farmer Tec stuff from Definative Dave.So far so good.I'll probably stick with Dave and not even go with Hutzle.I'm just Dabbling in saws right now in my Spare time and going to Hopefully do Local repair Work and Porting.Just to have something else to fall back on.Got to weigh in the cost/quality of parts to try to compete with the local dealers.

Yeah the molded one.Was going to just install reagular tubing thru the Grommet in the tank but the stale gas that had been in it for ages had Melted the whole line down to the filter.Figured the Grommet had the consistency of Bubble gum too.I have been buying Molded original 036,028,026 lines for around $6-$8 bucks.Still kinda Pricey but much better than a $15 Homeowner line.

Yeah the molded one.Was going to just install reagular tubing thru the Grommet in the tank but the stale gas that had been in it for ages had Melted the whole line down to the filter.Figured the Grommet had the consistency of Bubble gum too.I have been buying Molded original 036,028,026 lines for around $6-$8 bucks.Still kinda Pricey but much better than a $15 Homeowner line.
Do you make impulse lines or just buy them? I used to have some orange silicone vac line that held up good but I ran out. I am trying to find it again but cant. anyone have ideas on this?

Where are you getting molded ones for 6-8 I see more like 10.00?

The same Stihl Dealer i got the $15 one from.:rolleyes: Must be from Volume pricing between Mr. Joe Home Owner and the logging/Pro Crews.???? I use Molded Impulse when I can get them but will be Switching to the Black Rubber line the dealer has on the Shelf.it's the stuff Stihl sell for Impulse lines for the 034,036 ETC. and Oil line for the 026 MS260.I use it for everything.
I saw some Orange Silicone line on Ebay the other day looking at the Pocket Bike parts.Here's some
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Va...&var=560190057163&hash=item3cd03b8244&vxp=mtr

The same Stihl Dealer i got the $15 one from.:rolleyes: Must be from Volume pricing between Mr. Joe Home Owner and the logging/Pro Crews.???? I use Molded Impulse when I can get them but will be Switching to the Black Rubber line the dealer has on the Shelf.it's the stuff Stihl sell for Impulse lines for the 034,036 ETC. and Oil line for the 026 MS260.I use it for everything.
I saw some Orange Silicone line on Ebay the other day looking at the Pocket Bike parts.Here's some
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Va...&var=560190057163&hash=item3cd03b8244&vxp=mtr
I tried that silicone line, the outside diam is real fat not like what I had , double in thickness in fact.

There is some pricing issues. It really depends on who your dealer's distributor is. I have compared prices with another dealer here on AS and we have found some big differences. Distributors are also businesses that have to make a profit to stay alive. I think that as old stock moves through their system we will see the new, lower, prices emerge. I am seeing prices dropping considerably one some pistons, and not on others.

pistons for SOME saws dropped really nicely, though not quite enough to make me stop carrying the Meteor and Farmertec versions as well, some of the specialty tools have dropped a little some about 15% which is nice, unfortunately the really nice case splitter went up about $50 after dropping almost $100 back in October, I sold more than 20 of them, but now... not so much :( I heard complaints from a dealer that the welds were uglier on the cheaper model and that they are going back to building them in Germany instead of Virginia, but I can handle an ugly looking weld on a great tool for a $50 price difference.
Some of the price increases seem a little weird, but if it has the Stihl name someone will buy it :) :(
DDave

I found also, back when Stihl drastically dropped the prices on many of their carbs, many dealers around here kept the prices up
and pocketed the savings for themselves. And they stopped sending the price "book", many dealers just kept using last year's book.
The new prices have been out for a month and a week, and the pdf is easily downloaded and/or e-mailed.

Latest posts

Back