New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MDS how is your new guy turning out?

I was just trying that guy out. After a couple days I’d seen and heard enough.

Who wants to listen to some punk kid telling lies and talking **** about everyone and everything in the business. He really lost me when he started talking about a friend of mine that I’ve known for close to 30 years. I can only imagine the tales he’ll be telling people about me after two days. See ya.

Plenty of er… “fish” in the sea. Lol

MDS how is your new guy turning out?

I was just trying that guy out. After a couple days I’d seen and heard enough.

Who wants to listen to some punk kid telling lies and talking **** about everyone and everything in the business. He really lost me when he started talking about a friend of mine that I’ve known for close to 30 years. I can only imagine the tales he’ll be telling people about me after two days. See ya.

Plenty of er… “fish” in the sea. Lol
Oh man. Sorry to hear. You'll find a better one!

Found this in a pinoak yesterday. Felt compelled to show you guys! Poor little bugger
20220405_123916.jpg

What happened to it? Pin Oak attack??

My old worker will be back in a few weeks, then I’ll have two good guys that know my system again. Thank God.

I’m not thinking I really need another cutter. I just don’t think I like what they have for tree people out there these days enough to make it worth my while. All I really need is a couple good ground guys and I’m okay. That could change if I happen upon a cutter, who knows. I kinda doubt it though. Like I said, not even sure I want one. Truthfully, nobody is ever gonna hold a candle to what I can do anyway, so **** em. There, I said it. Lol.

What happened to it? Pin Oak attack??

My old worker will be back in a few weeks, then I’ll have two good guys that know my system again. Thank God.

I’m not thinking I really need another cutter. I just don’t think I like what they have for tree people out there these days enough to make it worth my while. All I really need is a couple good ground guys and I’m okay. That could change if I happen upon a cutter, who knows. I kinda doubt it though. Like I said, not even sure I want one. Truthfully, nobody is ever gonna hold a candle to what I can do anyway, so **** em. There, I said it. Lol.
Glad to hear it! He found out the grass isn't greener.

Today I joined you guys in the 500i club! I've been waiting for one for about 6 months... Got a Dewalt impact drill to boot. It'll be a dream for changing chipper knives on the jobsite.
20220406_171524.jpg

with gas prices, that is what he uses to go do bids

local guy got a wrapped smart car and put a wing on it

I want to a see a pic of this smart car! I know a guy in Los Angeles with a couple chevy volts for him and his sales guys that work really well for them. Funny thing around here, it's very conservative and economically focused on the fracking/drilling industry people would look at an "eco-friendly" tree service very skeptically.

There are many days I'll drive well over 100 miles in my f150 doing bids. Last week I filled up the tank 3 times. Would be nice to save some money on fuel!

How much would you say you guys are spending on fuel per week? I'd have to look at my books more closely but I bet we're up to around 1000 when we're running everything, especially when driving to NY so often.

I want to a see a pic of this smart car! I know a guy in Los Angeles with a couple chevy volts for him and his sales guys that work really well for them. Funny thing around here, it's very conservative and economically focused on the fracking/drilling industry people would look at an "eco-friendly" tree service very skeptically.

There are many days I'll drive well over 100 miles in my f150 doing bids. Last week I filled up the tank 3 times. Would be nice to save some money on fuel!

How much would you say you guys are spending on fuel per week? I'd have to look at my books more closely but I bet we're up to around 1000 when we're running everything, especially when driving to NY so often.
I refill my f350 probably twice a week, only fill one tank tho, so about $200 per week fuel, although im not working much lately, those numbers go up when I gotta drive to knoxville towing a 6K dump trailer

haha!!! It's hideous. I love it!

Yeah, up to $1000 per week right now! Between the 5 trucks and other equipment plus driving the 45 miles to our Corning, NY yard all the time, it adds up. I'd love to buy dedicated trucks to stay up there indefinitely but one thing at a time.

Here’s a rarity. Hedging in the rain with the MDS. Lol. This the second time I’ve trimmed these. First was probably five years ago. They were really all different heights then. At that point she wanted them pruned as semi-separate rounded Arbs. Now we’re growing them into a more traditional hedge. Not my favorite kind of work, but really wasn’t all that bad either.
61A04967-2F16-4CB6-B26F-45FB420EA58B.jpeg
080441B0-B5E5-4B1C-A8B5-419D6705B5BE.jpegA373043A-35E3-4C1E-B547-F1C4B468664E.jpeg86D0297C-A3B0-4DFC-823B-DF594593F1B3.jpeg

Here’s a rarity. Hedging in the rain with the MDS. Lol. This the second time I’ve trimmed these. First was probably five years ago. They were really all different heights then. At that point she wanted them pruned as semi-separate rounded Arbs. Now we’re growing them into a more traditional hedge. Not my favorite kind of work, but really wasn’t all that bad either.
View attachment 979604
View attachment 979602View attachment 979603View attachment 979605
Looks good! The bucket sure helps.

I bought a dump trailer for the mini Giant this morning too. It’s a PJ. 14’ scissors dump with 7k axles. Could be up to 16k gvw, but had it derated to 9990. Seems like it should be just the right home for the mini Giant.
almost what I got, mines just the double ram
no idea what is actually better tbh

tell us how it handles the giant, so far I like mine but im yet to put equipment in it, only wood, and normally less than 2 tons at that (mostly brush, with a few rounds ontop)

Just bought a dump trailer too. In the last month also bought the 2500 and bandit 75. Had the tractor for few years already. All for side work but can now take on real jobs that I couldn't with my car and beat up dakota. Have a chip box for dump insert but haven't needed to put it on yet. Debt free, no payments, not broke, and determined not to fall into the class of a "good time charlie" . Going to stick to my lane of small removals I can do professionally. Word of mouth by my friends and neighbors has been gaining me a backlog so decided it was time to make the jump and be able to provide a full service. 20220407_175137.jpg

View attachment 979604
View attachment 979602View attachment 979603View attachment 979605

Are they fake sheeps in the background, first photo? Classy.

Have a love / hate relationship with large hedges.

Evening revisit to fireground to deal with a couple of issues. Had somewhat of a seasonal break, dust settled, slipping & sliding in the wet ash now.

Every winter tell myself to put more work lights on the vehicles. If only could find a decent auto sparkie.

bf-1-jpg.979771

bf-2-jpg.979772

bf-3-jpg.979773

bf-4-jpg.979774

Attachments

• BF 1.JPG
    10.9 MB · Views: 88
  • BF 2.JPG
    10.4 MB · Views: 88
  • BF 3.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 87
  • BF 4.JPG