New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a dump trailer for the mini Giant this morning too. It’s a PJ. 14’ scissors dump with 7k axles. Could be up to 16k gvw, but had it derated to 9990. Seems like it should be just the right home for the mini Giant.
That's essentially what we pull ours around In, 14' bwise dump low pro. Sometimes I wish it was 16' but that's the way it goes.

Few more GRCS pics from the second day using it. We had our crane tree bending over good. You will see powerlines running threw where the trees had to come out of. we had to manipulate the trees under them. Fun times.

We're big fans of the GRCS now that we have one. All this wouldn't be possible without a Giant 254T and a good ground guy" My Older Brother"

2022 is going to be a great year!

Attachments

• 20220405_104653.jpg
    20220405_104653.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220405_104947.jpg
    20220405_104947.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220405_110530.jpg
    20220405_110530.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220405_113822.jpg
    20220405_113822.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220405_131012.jpg
    20220405_131012.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
That's essentially what we pull ours around In, 14' bwise dump low pro. Sometimes I wish it was 16' but that's the way it goes.

I haven’t actually picked it up yet, just have a hold on it. Unfortunately I have to sell that new lift trailer I bought first because the dovetail they put on it is too much angle for the lifts. Amazing, this is the place that makes the lift trailers for Tracked Lifts, I told them what I wanted it for, even expressed concern about the dovetail, they still screwed me. Oh well, I’m over it. Pick up and move forward. In light of recent changes, the dump trailer will serve me better anyway. The mini giant definitely needs a good home. Looking forward to getting that system dialed in. Gonna be super handy for sure.

I could still switch it up for a 16 footer, but I’m thinking something in between will be nice, especially since it’s going to be derated. And we have the log truck, so it’s most likely just going to be used to tow the machine and for the odd couple logs here and there. I dunno… now you have me thinking, lol.

View attachment 979896
Stretched all 125’ out and picked these spruce from the driveway so we didn’t have to lay plywood in a soft yard.

Spring has been cold and wet here in Ohio. Really looking forward to some better weather.

That thing is so cool, man!! Very nice. Do you mind my asking what it set you back?

That thing is so cool, man!! Very nice. Do you mind my asking what it set you back?
I was at 74k when I left the dealer with tax paid and 5 dica mats.

Bear in mind, I bought it as-is from the dealer; so the boom isn’t inspected and the truck wasn’t gone through. They told me like another 15k to bring it all up to snuff. We just about have all the truck problems figured out, down to little stuff. Crane just needs some wear pad shims and has a small leak at the swing box that I’m gonna limp through this season and get taken care of next winter.

I have 2 toolboxes to mount, outrigger holder and I’m gonna build a couple log cradles for the deck.

I was at 74k when I left the dealer with tax paid and 5 dica mats.

Bear in mind, I bought it as-is from the dealer; so the boom isn’t inspected and the truck wasn’t gone through. They told me like another 15k to bring it all up to snuff. We just about have all the truck problems figured out, down to little stuff. Crane just needs some wear pad shims and has a small leak at the swing box that I’m gonna limp through this season and get taken care of next winter.

I have 2 toolboxes to mount, outrigger holder and I’m gonna build a couple log cradles for the deck.

That’s nice. I like your way of thinking on this one. I probably would’ve spent the 15k for piece of mind, but you know how I roll. I don’t really give a **** about money, even though I love it. Lol

That’s nice. I like your way of thinking on this one. I probably would’ve spent the 15k for piece of mind, but you know how I roll. I don’t really give a **** about money, even though I love it. Lol
No doubt, I would have too if the piggy bank wasn’t looking so thin. Lol It stung a little watching that much $ come out of my bank account.

I haven’t actually picked it up yet, just have a hold on it. Unfortunately I have to sell that new lift trailer I bought first because the dovetail they put on it is too much angle for the lifts. Amazing, this is the place that makes the lift trailers for Tracked Lifts, I told them what I wanted it for, even expressed concern about the dovetail, they still screwed me. Oh well, I’m over it. Pick up and move forward. In light of recent changes, the dump trailer will serve me better anyway. The mini giant definitely needs a good home. Looking forward to getting that system dialed in. Gonna be super handy for sure.

I could still switch it up for a 16 footer, but I’m thinking something in between will be nice, especially since it’s going to be derated. And we have the log truck, so it’s most likely just going to be used to tow the machine and for the odd couple logs here and there. I dunno… now you have me thinking, lol.
Send me some pictures of the lift trailor I might be interested in it.

For your application a 14' should work just fine. Sometimes when we have some logs to the front of trailor and load the giant on behind that's where the extra 2' come in handy

For your application a 14' should work just fine. Sometimes when we have some logs to the front of trailor and load the giant on behind that's where the extra 2' come in handy

Actually, I’m gonna call tomorrow and see if they can derate the 16 footer to 9990 like the 14’. If they can I’m buying it. Turns out the 16 will just fit my JD tractor with the bucket and logging winch on it with about a 6” to spare, so would be better yet. I’m thinking I would just have to back it on and raise the loader if I wanted to bring the root grapple too. We’ll see, if they can’t rerate it I’ll stay with the 14.

Actually, I’m gonna call tomorrow and see if they can derate the 16 footer to 9990 like the 14’. If they can I’m buying it. Turns out the 16 will just fit my JD tractor with the bucket and logging winch on it with about a 6” to spare, so would be better yet. I’m thinking I would just have to back it on and raise the loader if I wanted to bring the root grapple too. We’ll see, if they can’t rerate it I’ll stay with the 14.
They should be able to derate that for you. Good luck with it. Good thinking on making it multipurpose.

They should be able to derate that for you. Good luck with it. Good thinking on making it multipurpose.

Yeah, I called the place and they had one 16 footer, just in. They had something like 20 14’s. And they can put the derated tag on it, so I grabbed it up. Now I’ve gotta take another road trip, this time New Hampshirite, about 3 1/2 hours. Probably do that Friday. Sucks, but whatever, should be a sweet trailer.

So I was trimming a Pin Oak yesterday (I know, hard to believe) and I was yanking on a particularly annoying, long gangly hanger that was stuck by the tips, I pulled on it and before I could think the 1 - 1/2” butt of the thing swung in and smashed the tip of my middle finger on the rim of the bucket. Grr. Black nail, actually flattened and blew out the side of finger,, looked flat like a tree frog finger. The MDS had some choice words for the Pin Oak and pruning in general, lol.

Back