New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at a local CT tree companies avant 860i with the avant rep today. What a machine! Probably going to pull the trigger on a new one with full cab ac and heat. Time to get comfortable boys!

You only live once. Time to gear up heavy and kick some major tree ass this year. Hang with the Big boys "MDS"!

Attachments

• 20230118_143721.jpg
    20230118_143721.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
Looked at a local CT tree companies avant 860i with the avant rep today. What a machine! Probably going to pull the trigger on a new one with full cab ac and heat. Time to get comfortable boys!

You only live once. Time to gear up heavy and kick some major tree ass this year. Hang with the Big boys "MDS"!

Nice. The bigger machines are impressive no doubt (not to mention the heat and Ac). I was doing the math, do you think you’ll be able to tow that on a trailer 10,000lb or just under, or is it class A time? Seems like it’s going to be close depending on what trailer and if the tires are filled or not and what that adds?

Thing I wonder about those machines (I’ve looked at them before) is if its base weight is 5600lbs and it can lift 4200lbs, how is it at keeping the ass on the ground? Just curious because mine is 10,500 base weight and rated to lift 4400lbs, just the front tires are filled (presumably for balance because the rear is so heavy).

Nice. The bigger machines are impressive no doubt (not to mention the heat and Ac). I was doing the math, do you think you’ll be able to tow that on a trailer 10,000lb or just under, or is it class A time? Seems like it’s going to be close depending on what trailer and if the tires are filled or not and what that adds?

Thing I wonder about those machines (I’ve looked at them before) is if its base weight is 5600lbs and it can lift 4200lbs, how is it at keeping the ass on the ground? Just curious because mine is 10,500 base weight and rated to lift 4400lbs, just the front tires are filled (presumably for balance because the rear is so heavy).
sorry i missed you helmstein. we are right next door.

Because we

Thing I wonder about those machines (I’ve looked at them before) is if its base weight is 5600lbs and it can lift 4200lbs, how is it at keeping the ass on the ground? Just curious because mine is 10,500 base weight and rated to lift 4400lbs, just the front tires are filled (presumably for balance because the rear is so heavy)
Because we tow with a 2500 we are good for up to 16,000k total trailor and cargo weight. I believe we can tow the 860I and the baby giant on the same trailor. That would be pretty cool.

rep was advising against foam filling and going with maybe beet juice. I'm not sure what we will do. Probably go full counter weight on the ass end.

I'm sure it would be a bit more tippy than papa giant but we need the bigger machine on all of these longer bigger jobs that seem to come our way.

it will be nice to have a yard machine when not in use and a backup machine if one goes down.

All in with grapple, Probably 120k. that's a hard pill to swallow. You never see a trailor behind a Hurst!

I know! Considering the price of equipment these days. It's high!

It’s a cool looking machine. That is a lot of money though. Scary in general what our equipment costs. Even from the things I bought three to five years ago. Seems like everything is up in the 100k plus range now… my chip truck, chipper, big giant, all that stuff is like 20 to 30k more than I paid. At least it seems that way.

Latest posts

Back