New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll learn once your 35-40 years old and wish ya had better equipment. Your young and gung ho and it'll catch up w/ ya. If ya ever get a 18"+ chipper you'll see a little 12" is peanuts and slowing ya down. We did 12 tons of chips by 10:00 this morning w/ a 18"... Sucking in whole/topped trees. Didn't bring a log home... Don't waste your time correcting my spellin
These guys here are a massive amount information/talent but your ego is getting in the way. These guys answered all my questions from equipment to technique when I got serious about tree work. Shut up for once and listen... I think your personality is better suited for the rest of the chest pounders on facebook/twitter... Respect the guys that you wish to become.
^^^^ yup, what he just said.
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

I would, except I do not wish to become one of them, I am me and no other
Such an egotistical young and expected answer. Maybe we were all there at one time, but trying to reason with this closed minded hack will get nowhere, I think he lives is a part of the country where there is a low economy and hacks can make a buck. If he wanted to become a pro, he would pursue a large legit company and grow from there. But for now he can be our entertainment. He does have ambition, but he doesn't know where to direct it, I guess his Dad isn't much help as he probably gets by with his son's earnings and doesn't want to lose that. I mean a guy like Zin would be a blessing for any large company to take on and have grow with them.
I would.
Jeff :cheers:

not confused at all
no matter what the chart for his crane says, could say 60K, he can only lift 3500 pounds on a single line, 7K on two part line (yes, I asked him tuesday what the exact number is, 3500# line pull due to aftermarket winch)
you are the confused one, come work with THIS crane and tell me im confused one more time

I think he lives is a part of the country where there is a low economy and hacks can make a buck.
im one of the only people here that dont top trees, spike prunes, or **** up yards
you are correct, hacks everywhere here, very few companies here that arent, I am not one of those hacks tho, like it or not im not as retarded as you are (or think I am)

For 7 years we did tree work with just our muscles! I can't imagine going back to not having forwarding equipment- or stomping brush in a trailer! Good luck on selling that chipper. Looks like a sweet deal.

As I've said before I like the tractor because I can have both the grapple on front and skidder winch on back. Super versatile and relatively light on turf.

Some shots from today's maple preservation. Had quite the time hauling up frozen plywood to protect the skylights on the roof, though it was worth it! Some twigs came down that I'm sure would have caused problems.
View attachment 1052344View attachment 1052345View attachment 1052346
Nice to see the trees being preserved. We try to do that as much as possible.

Someone will get a great chipper.

There is the little tractor from 2017 that was a game changer back then.

Mds is proud of you for hauling the plyboard onto the roof. He would be tempted to use his baby giant up there on the roof.

Attachments

• IMG_20171122_145347439_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20171122_145347439_TOP.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
the fact that he is working with hillbilly cranes with improper winches justifies in with his whole operation. his arguing with members of the forum who are using cranes on the daily proves his bluster isn't backed up by knowledge. little advancement possible with that attitude, but he's fun for comic relief.

the fact that he is working with hillbilly cranes with improper winches justifies in with his whole operation. his arguing with members of the forum who are using cranes on the daily proves his bluster isn't backed up by knowledge. little advancement possible with that attitude, but he's fun for comic relief.
I wouldnt use this crane ever again if given the option
however, they are the only crane company within an hour of me that will work on trees, the other companies refuse because idiots try to run them to 100% or tear off the LMI cable
so, untill you understand the situation, respectfully, shut the **** up

BTW, not a hillbilly operation, if It was we wouldnt be licensed, insured, have a some of the best reviews in the state, 98% customer satisfaction rate, clean up, not damage lawns, and not 10K a day to cover useless equipment that we can do without

I wouldnt use this crane ever again if given the option
however, they are the only crane company within an hour of me that will work on trees, the other companies refuse because idiots try to run them to 100% or tear off the LMI cable
so, untill you understand the situation, respectfully, shut the **** up
respectfully and shut the xxxx up in the same sentence. you really are a hillbilly clown with a license and insurance. down in tennessee do they print the licenses on toilet paper so you can wipe with them? you really are special. and if you are a 40 year old pretending to be a 14 year old, thats really sad.

So I have a new goal for 2023. I'm looking to pay off three pieces of equipment: My big chipper, the big giant and the first Omme. I've been doing the math and looks like I'll only need about 10k more than I've spent at the end of two out of the last three years, so should be doable. Just gotta keep my head down and prices up where they should be.

Everybody always makes payments sound so evil, but they never talk about the good part. After this year I'll be on the straightaway and hammering down for the finish line, baby! That's what I'm talking about! :yes:

The nice thing about making payments is it forces you to add equity to your business while adding production capacity. And you do whatever you have to do to make the payments

How many years have you been making those payments?

Those particular pieces of equipment were purchased in relatively rapid succession (and I have been waiting for them to die the same way ever since), the chipper was April 2018, then I couldn't take it anymore and needed something better to feed it with than the tractor, so I bought the Giant for Christmas that year (2018). Then the Ash borer was kicking in so the lift was delivered July first of 2019. In between I paid off my tractor, ram, and elevator bucket.

I am thinking someday when the war is over I will have that feeling of carefree freedom like we used to get as kids on the last day of school.:surprised3:

The nice thing about making payments is it forces you to add equity to your business while adding production capacity. And you do whatever you have to do to make the payments

Gotta put some skin in the game at some point if you ever wanna get anywhere imo.

Anybody can sit on the porch and yap. lol.

Edit: And yes, my job really isn't that hard anymore and I get a hell of a lot done $

So I have a new goal for 2023. I'm looking to pay off three pieces of equipment: My big chipper, the big giant and the first Omme. I've been doing the math and looks like I'll only need about 10k more than I've spent at the end of two out of the last three years, so should be doable. Just gotta keep my head down and prices up where they should be.

Everybody always makes payments sound so evil, but they never talk about the good part. After this year I'll be on the straightaway and hammering down for the finish line, baby! That's what I'm talking about! :yes:
its good to have goals. complacency is a killer of any business.

Latest posts

Back