New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a Diomond C 18,000 gvw tilt deck to pull the easy lift around. Of course it has all the options but it's 20 grand. My rates are raising this year. Equipment prices are out of control. I'd rather work half the time for top dollar than everyday for average rates. It's time to step it up this year. I'm pushing all my chips in this year.

Time to make some real money with all the risk I'm taking financially.

Who's with me?

I turn 50 this week. I am getting too old to get into bidding wars with every start-up that comes along. Win some, lose some. Still better than beating myself and my high end equipment up for nothing in a race to the bottom.
same here, I dont compete with anyone, if they bid less they can have it, my price is my price and I dont budge on it, still doing atleast 3 jobs a week and making enough money to live off of

Might take a little time to come together, but this is where I’ll be posting from now on. I just (respectfully of course) think it’s time for a change. So let’s do it.

This should be a place where we can all discuss tree work/equipment, and post pics (stills welcome, as well as videos lol) like men, without the bs we’ve had going on in the past. Let us all get a fresh start!! After all, we’re supposed to be grown men here. Let’s try and act like it!

There, I did it! Now let’s ****ing go, you pussies!!! Lol

yup
last job I did with the crane I was doing 10 and 12ft till I got into stuff over 26" then down to 5-8ft as we got lower
I did notice some logs coming out 4-600 pounds under what the log chart says due to taper and rot
gonna be doing some good size picks tomorrow, wish we had a bigger crane but I asked around and nobody here will work with a tree company

forgot the exact size on this one, I think around 22" x 12ft, red oak, ignore the hillbilly in the background

Nice winter job today. Some red oak logs to boot! I'll see if I can get a couple bucks for them.
View attachment 1051999
View attachment 1052000View attachment 1052001View attachment 1052002
Boy you guys really get after it with winter work. Cool to see you working with a new Holland tractor. I started out on a 25hp newholland tractor with ratchet on forks. Those were the days. I though I conquered the world when I got that little tractor. Hydraulics make all the difference.

Looking to sell my near mint condition 2011-2012 BB 1390HD. 750hrs perkins 97hp no winch. 45k firm. If looks and reliability are what your looking for than this is the chipper for your. Always stored under cover never seen salt weather. PM if interested. I figured I'd give you guys/gals first right of refusal. Located is western Mass

Boy you guys really get after it with winter work. Cool to see you working with a new Holland tractor. I started out on a 25hp newholland tractor with ratchet on forks. Those were the days. I though I conquered the world when I got that little tractor. Hydraulics make all the difference.
For 7 years we did tree work with just our muscles! I can't imagine going back to not having forwarding equipment- or stomping brush in a trailer! Good luck on selling that chipper. Looks like a sweet deal.

As I've said before I like the tractor because I can have both the grapple on front and skidder winch on back. Super versatile and relatively light on turf.

Some shots from today's maple preservation. Had quite the time hauling up frozen plywood to protect the skylights on the roof, though it was worth it! Some twigs came down that I'm sure would have caused problems.
20230127_105535.jpg20230127_125634.jpg20230127_131726.jpg

bigger equipment is nice of course, I also dont have payments, you?
You'll learn once your 35-40 years old and wish ya had better equipment. Your young and gung ho and it'll catch up w/ ya. If ya ever get a 18"+ chipper you'll see a little 12" is peanuts and slowing ya down. We did 12 tons of chips by 10:00 this morning w/ a 18"... Sucking in whole/topped trees. Didn't bring a log home... Don't waste your time correcting my spellin
These guys here are a massive amount information/talent but your ego is getting in the way. These guys answered all my questions from equipment to technique when I got serious about tree work. Shut up for once and listen... I think your personality is better suited for the rest of the chest pounders on facebook/twitter... Respect the guys that you wish to become.

Latest posts

Back