New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha. There was a time when I used to paint my plywood chip box on the old Chevy every year. That got old eventually.
I was there with my dump insert chipbox. It's the journey not the destination. Once you have it all what's left to do?

Gotta start somewhere. We made tree work on a budget look good in 2020

Attachments

• Resized_20201016_114004_116913035443680.jpeg
    Resized_20201016_114004_116913035443680.jpeg
    819.1 KB · Views: 1
Damn man! That’s a nice looking machine for sure!!

Don’t really grasp how the fixed grapple works, but they’re definitely cool looking for some stuff I’m sure. Did you get a regular grapple too?

I think we should normalize talking prices. I know every market is different but if we all charge more money than we all make more money. This work we do is out to kill you everyday. Let's charge accordingly so we can go to work and have a calm level head, come back home to our loved ones each night feeling good that we are providing a good life for everyone around us.

Way to go! 7grand in one day is awsome. Now go get that everyday, you are worth it.
Thanks! It has been a good week financially as a result of a windstorm (around 25k gross sales), which is more than usual for us. . Nice way to get the Spring season going!

That's a slick looking loader. I bet it has air conditioning to boot!

Damn man! That’s a nice looking machine for sure!!

Don’t really grasp how the fixed grapple works, but they’re definitely cool looking for some stuff I’m sure. Did you get a regular grapple too?
Thanks, we really needed a second machine. The fixed grapple definitely takes some getting used to. You essentially dangle the fixed grapple and use it similar to how the branch manager grapple dangles. I haven't seen many people use this style grapple so I said what the hell. " I plan on buying a ryans dangle grapple at some point. The 860I will handle the big wood on job sites and sort logs at the yard.

Big day today. 860I was delivered. What a monster of a machine. Fixed grapple is wild to use. So much control!

We're ready for anything that comes our way this year.

Nice machine. Envious of aircon / heating. Does the grapple have a worm drive (continuous rotator)?

Continuous rotation rigid grapples are a game changer for nearly any machine in my opinion, for their control & flexibility of use. Essentially become a giant steel hand. We can pretty much take the top of a bottle of beer with it on the Vermeer.

Nice machine. Envious of aircon / heating. Does the grapple have a worm drive (continuous rotator)?

Continuous rotation rigid grapples are a game changer for nearly any machine in my opinion, for their control & flexibility of use. Essentially become a giant steel hand. We can pretty much take the top of a bottle of beer with it on the Vermeer.
Thanks K9, yes sir it has a rotator with continuous rotation. Ridged grapple takes some getting used to but I like doing things out of the ordinary. It's the first avant branded ridged rotator I've seen on a 860I.

Avant has a euro style adapter plate. All the other grapples available other than avant and ryans only offer a full size skid steer attachment plate. I would have to get an adapter, not to mention the attachment plate is 42" wide, loosing visibility.

Thanks! It has been a good week financially as a result of a windstorm (around 25k gross sales), which is more than usual for us. . Nice way to get the Spring season going!

That's a slick looking loader. I bet it has air conditioning to boot!
Damn 25k that's f-ing amazing. This spring is our busiest yet. Should be a good year!

Ac, heat with air ride suspension seat along with lumbar support. It's like driving your lazyboy around the job site.

Nice thing with the avant is the diesel "59HP" they fit it with doesn't have a DPF so idling is a non issue.

Thanks, we really needed a second machine. The fixed grapple definitely takes some getting used to. You essentially dangle the fixed grapple and use it similar to how the branch manager grapple dangles. I haven't seen many people use this style grapple so I said what the hell. " I plan on buying a ryans dangle grapple at some point. The 860I will handle the big wood on job sites and sort logs at the yard.

So there’s no “heeling” the log obviously. What holds the log out straight, just hydraulics? We used to measure ash logs at 19’ for my old 20” dump, just trying to envision how that style grapple would work in that scenario?

So there’s no “heeling” the log obviously. What holds the log out straight, just hydraulics? We used to measure ash logs at 19’ for my old 20” dump, just trying to envision how that style grapple would work in that scenario?
Oh it heals alright, it's got two very powerful tilting hydro cylinders. I'll play around with it more this week and report back.

The two hours I put on it yesterday shuffling logs around the yard was impressive to say the least. Took about 20 mins of looking like a dummy to get the controls figured out. Not as intuitive as the giant joy stick.

Bombing bluegums today.

Full shanty town property, medium term clients recently bought it, lots of work to undo the previous owners ‘handywork’.

Seems the season has broken, had rain yesterday, very nice to have no dust today, might even see some green soon.

I guess could say summer is like your winter for treework here - a slower time, dust & heat tough on people & equipment, constant fire risk. Winter, for us, is downright pleasant.

5B1ADAFD-F200-4F7E-B4AE-2B35A414CBBA.jpeg

764FF51E-7AEB-48BA-AB01-269D8D3050C0.jpeg

92A003AD-719D-4D24-B12D-A6A5A913EFF8.jpeg

Glasshouse looks mighty fragile.

Even the damn ladder is colour coded....

Yeah, old dude was like 80+. That ash was way out over the greenhouse. He says to me “now will it be safe if I work in the greenhouse today”. I wasn’t sure if he was serious or not, so I looked up at the dead ash, then down at the plates of glass and said “well, I hope so” and we both laughed.

Latest posts

Back