New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gonna be fairly busy next week, got 2 jobs which is more than normal for me

3 pines and a maple (removals), 2 maples and some other tree I cant ID (I think willow) to prune

half the estimates I did this week the customers were baffled I don't work for free, who woulda thunk?
also gonna be running a chipper on the large removal job next week, my first time running one, yall got any tips? its a rental, probably a bc1000

I bid over 20 trees this week, massive record for me (Doesnt sound like much to the mds)
id like to take the cash from these 2 jobs and buy a 500i, but I sorta got a new truck (my first diesel), payed the truck off, now paying off a list of parts, glow plug controller, injection pump, service bed etc
the little things ad up fast ive found

truck is a 91' f350, 7.3 idi zf5 cab and chassis, runs good when it runs

3 pines and a maple (removals), 2 maples and some other tree I cant ID (I think willow) to prune

half the estimates I did this week the customers were baffled I don't work for free, who woulda thunk?
also gonna be running a chipper on the large removal job next week, my first time running one, yall got any tips? its a rental, probably a bc1000

I bid over 20 trees this week, massive record for me (Doesnt sound like much to the mds)
id like to take the cash from these 2 jobs and buy a 500i, but I sorta got a new truck (my first diesel), payed the truck off, now paying off a list of parts, glow plug controller, injection pump, service bed etc

You’re on the right track, kid. Sure beats popping pimples in the mirror or brushing the hair lol.

cant have drug money if I have a diesel

know anything about renting equipment? gonna be getting a chipper, and 12ft dump trailer, first thing I gotta do (probably tomorrow) is a trailer brake controller and trailer lights, already got a hitch installed

im contemplating strapping a few hundred pounds of lumber to the back (no bed right now) so there is some traction back there, you can lock the rear tires up way to easily

Fancy pants is in the body shop. A few months back someone pulled out right in front of us causing almost 24k in damage to the drivers side. It really didn't look like anywhere near that much, but is getting a new nose, hyd tank... tire was gashed, so tire, rim alignment... battery box, etc.

No injuries thankfully. Guy was lucky I was paying attention. I was 3/4 loaded with logs coming down a long hill with a line of cars behind me on a straightaway when he just started pulling out. I veered to the right as much as I could without going off the road and hit the city horn (was all I could reach that fast) hoping he would see me, but he just kept coming. My front tire and rim took most of the direct impact. Looked like a scene from Nascar in my rear view. One of my guys was with me. He saw it coming too. As I was attempting my evasive maneuvers with the log truck, he was screaming like a little ***** lol.

Well that explains it.

You must have been mighty pissed off with that outcome, that truck is way to flash to be banged up so early in the piece.

I was just mostly relieved that I navigated the best possible outcome for everyone. I would’ve felt terrible if the guy was seriously injured or worse. I mean it was entirely his fault, but still… nobody wants that.

I was kinda surprised that the cop didn’t at least do some kind of field sobriety test on the guy. I mean who does that, just pulls out in front of a log truck with all its lights on at pre-dusk with a line of cars behind it? I’m thinking he was on dope and the rookie cop just didn’t pick up on it.

My brother and I cut some morbark decals the other day. Needed some for the chipper chute and made a few extras for random spots/tool boxes. I have an older decal machine that works pretty good, it’s just that the design program is a pain to use. View attachment 970342

Nice to see somebody else take pride in their equipment. Too many just paint roller around the old decals and call it good lol.

Couple of snapshots from week just gone. Looking forward to end of summer.

Ziplining over kiddies cubby at end of another long windy & dusty day.
zl1-jpg.970739

Craning out a small pine shelter belt.
pc1-jpg.970740

Conservation department job, fun police for hire - removing rope swings.
rs1-jpg.970741

Sign summer is winding down (hopefully), firewood starting to move out of the woodyard.
fw1-jpg.970742

Attachments

• ZL1.JPG
    10.1 MB · Views: 256
  • PC1.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 255
  • RS1.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 256
  • FW1.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 255
So I am looking forward to having the new mini giant later next week hopefully. Should be nice to have a lightweight machine, especially for mud season.

Just another tool to have in the toolbox. I like how it is already changing the way I look at certain estimates to a degree. A definite sign of a useful piece of equipment.
Your going to love it!

Nice lookin trailer!!
Is that your pops with a fresh trim job? Lol
that is he

gonna be testing it out in the morning, no weight on that rear axle makes it a little sketchy, but atleast we got trailer brakes wired up

7x14 14K homesteader
got ramps, gate opens out and up (barn door and spreading), 8K jack, legs in the rear to stop you picking your truck up when loading equipment, 38" side gate to load stuff in the front
so far I like it, allot

Hope your bc1000 has the bigger engine. Had a bc1000 with the bigger engine and was happy with it. Went in for repairs once and they let me use a demo they had with the smaller engine. What a gutless machine but maybe I was just spoiled. Still better than loading brush but was very happy to get my machine back.

Unfortunately I bought a trailer instead if renting a chipper (down payment was a week chipper rental, monthly is a daily chipper)

Would love the experience of learning a chipper
They certainly don't give the rental fees away. I can see a time in the future where I'm going to need to rent one and choke on the fees. Worked occasionally with a lawn care company who had a dump trailer that he built a box on to it. Used to have me blow chips into it.

Great new thread!

I like that cab over crane rabid k9.

Yesterday we felled some spruce. Our uniforest winch makes it so much easier.
20220307_090700.jpg

Today I'm on a plane to California with child #3, little Ruby. The guys are working on a job for the county, our best customer.

Nice trailer, Zin! They come in handy. Before you know it you'll have a trailer AND a chipper!

Back