New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great new thread!

I like that cab over crane rabid k9.

Yesterday we felled some spruce. Our uniforest winch makes it so much easier.
View attachment 971349

Today I'm on a plane to California with child #3, little Ruby. The guys are working on a job for the county, our best customer.

Nice trailer, Zin! They come in handy. Before you know it you'll have a trailer AND a chipper!

Super handy unit, 4WD truck, 8 tonne payload, tip height on crane around 40ft, 3.6 tonne in close, 750 kg at max reach. Basically it's the utility vehicle for nearly all jobs.

Want to put on a tipper & big storage unit behind cab, but around 20K, so at present is working well as is.

that is he

gonna be testing it out in the morning, no weight on that rear axle makes it a little sketchy, but atleast we got trailer brakes wired up

7x14 14K homesteader
got ramps, gate opens out and up (barn door and spreading), 8K jack, legs in the rear to stop you picking your truck up when loading equipment, 38" side gate to load stuff in the front
so far I like it, allot

Looks like a damn useful trailer.

Still maintain the tipper trailer (more simple unit) was dollar for dollar one of the most versatile bits of equipment have bought. Bought mine seven years ago, still in use daily. Had two trucks at todays job, both leaving site with dollars of by-product on them, tipper trailer also left loaded up with a few tonne of already docked firewood, ready to go into stockpile.

Could have been a spider lift job, but with a crew of fit, lanky bastards that love climbing & 120 ft saplings streaking up in the backyard, ropes get the job done.

Envious of photos all showing, gasp, clouds & various forms of precipitation....

as1-jpg.971386

Attachments

• AS1.JPG
    9.2 MB · Views: 264
Remember to lock the doors back so you don't crunch them when you go to dump, this happened with one of my helpers.. but I think when you own the equipment you are much more aware and mindful of the hazards

Drove from Canton, OH to Chicago and back today picking up a CMC to rent for a month. I will probably be calling tracked lifts about an omne pretty soon. Between the MDS reviews and what the guy at the rental place had to say about them, we will most likely go with purchasing an omne.
I also like the new thread.

The chipper locked itself out to regen at a very inconvenient time yesterday but would not finish the regen. Had to take it to cat to force it through and clear the codes... so much for a passive system
I never thought about that with equipment engines only with trucks. Never had equipment new enough to have a regeneration cycle. How often does it need to do a regeneration cycle?

I never thought about that with equipment engines only with trucks. Never had equipment new enough to have a regeneration cycle. How often does it need to do a regeneration cycle?
If you leave the machine in auto regen, it will not need to be forced. If you don't let it idle for more than a couple minutes also don't shut down while it is in regen. Our new chippers have the ability to force a regen on the display.
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

So it’s official, Jefferson is going to Africa for his next series of adventures lol. Going to work on a concrete plant in the bush. Got 8k out of the old boy. Not bad, especially considering the guy just called yesterday and my new trailer is done being built and ready for pick up. Balance on that is $8200. Gotta love it when things work out like that!

So this week I get my log truck back from the body shop, my new giant, and the new power tilt deck trailer. Not bad for mid march. Oh, getting the bucket serviced and annual (truck) inspection done too. Ready for some serious warfare this year!! The MDS likes.

Drove from Canton, OH to Chicago and back today picking up a CMC to rent for a month. I will probably be calling tracked lifts about an omne pretty soon. Between the MDS reviews and what the guy at the rental place had to say about them, we will most likely go with purchasing an omne.
I also like the new thread.

I’m flattered that you think that much of my opinion! I mean that. I hope it works out for you if you guys do get one. Obviously I’ll be here to answer any questions I can and give any tips or whatever. They’ve been pretty good to me so far. Gotta realize I’ve never flown any other make of lift also, but I think it’s a good move. If you wanna give me a call sometime I’d be glad to share my experiences (both good and bad) in more detail. Just pm me and I’ll give you my cell.

It’d be cool to hear what another tree vet (lmao) thinks of working with one.

Drove 6 1/2 hours to Jersey to pick up a crane on Thursday. Boom extended very slow, then when I retracted it, it damn near shook me off the truck it was shaking so bad. Owner told me it just needed grease. And 3 of the drive tires had huge dry rot cracks in the sidewalls. All this after he reassured me before I came out that it was good to go.

I left without buying it. They contact me the next day and said they fixed the boom. I told them I’d consider it if they had the boom inspected and the tires fixed. I was told they are too busy to have it inspected, but they would take 10k off the price. So if someone wants to take a gamble on it, I can send you the contact information. 26 ton altec boom on a peterbilt chassis.

Waiting on a price for a rear mount National 900A crane from a local dealer. It’s a pretty nice truck, just hope the price is right.

Drove 6 1/2 hours to Jersey to pick up a crane on Thursday. Boom extended very slow, then when I retracted it, it damn near shook me off the truck it was shaking so bad. Owner told me it just needed grease. And 3 of the drive tires had huge dry rot cracks in the sidewalls. All this after he reassured me before I came out that it was good to go.

I left without buying it. They contact me the next day and said they fixed the boom. I told them I’d consider it if they had the boom inspected and the tires fixed. I was told they are too busy to have it inspected, but they would take 10k off the price. So if someone wants to take a gamble on it, I can send you the contact information. 26 ton altec boom on a peterbilt chassis.

Waiting on a price for a rear mount National 900A crane from a local dealer. It’s a pretty nice truck, just hope the price is right.

I'm kind of psyched for you. That’s a pretty exciting move.

It’s interesting to me to see other companies, the equipment they run, etc. Also interesting to me is how our roots influence our businesses. Like how you said you started for a company that had cranes, etc. Back in the day I worked for one guy that liked crane work, but it wasn’t like we did it everyday. The couple others I worked for never really did crane work. I guess that’s part of why I never jumped right into the whole crane thing. I definitely see it as being a bad ass move though. Congratulations on that!

Latest posts

Back