New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok paulette (thats the name right?)
or quesadilla tree service, whichever you identify as today

10-4 Manson Spawn Tree. Get a haircut. It’s not all that evil. They have shops with women that smell nice and have big sweet titties and you can go there, they might even rest them on your shoulder while they cut that hair!! ! It doesn’t matter what the churchin and PA says, a good haircut by a hot overly done up hussy is a good thing!! Lol, you can do it!!

Was someone else then
Just looked at a 55ft bucket on a topkick, 1992, unknown brand of bucket (nameplate is hard to read) model is "h829" on the plate, insulated, square tube, non pistolgrip controls, any brand idea? (I'm thinking a lift-all, which has parts and service thru altec)
I inspected the entire truck, boom is solid, no movements it shouldn't have, I flew it and it felt good, getting it Sunday if it's not sold by today
If you are smart, you would get it inspected and get the documents and inspection sticker, and do it every year. You don't know what that bucket has been thru,
Jeff

I gotta get the chipper and bucket truck paid off first, no more buying for me!
it seems you do lots of bucket work, how do you like it? mine is 55ft (shorter than I think I need, but can do a good portion of my work, I needed a chip truck and for the same price I got a bucket, so its a win win
any tips for a bucket? I cant find anything on lanyards, ive heard the normal 6ft "shock pack" lanyard is a no-go, what do you use?
Here, https://www.zoro.com/search?q=3M DB...tm_content=3M DBI-SALA + Anchorage Connectors, the body harness and the 6' self retracting lifeline. It works like a seatbelt and keep you in the bucket instead of falling out and hanging below the bucket. We had an OSHA visit and all our buckets use these.
Jeff

If you are smart, you would get it inspected and get the documents and inspection sticker, and do it every year. You don't know what that bucket has been thru,
Jeff
yup, we have a mobile boom inspection place down the road, gonna have him come out and inspect it, be cool to get the die-electric test as well
currently, between it being old, and me not being line clearance certified, I will be treating it like a steel boom, even though its fiberglass

thanks, will be ordering one, and a new harness (we have 3, 2 are like 15 years old, and the new (never used) one is much too large for me
I looked at the pivots, welds, all the lines and connections, set the truck up on the outriggers and put the boom up (pic I posted was while doing this) and did a drift test, no visible movement of any part, then took the bucket for a ride and made sure all the controls work, lower and upper function good, and the bucket feels tight (no major wobble side to side like it would have with lots of wear)
overall I feel it will pass the inspection, but I didnt do an xray or anything fancy (not sure about the legit inspection, but ive been told about xray and magnaflux being common for boom certifications)

thanks, will be ordering one, and a new harness (we have 3, 2 are like 15 years old, and the new (never used) one is much too large for me
I looked at the pivots, welds, all the lines and connections, set the truck up on the outriggers and put the boom up (pic I posted was while doing this) and did a drift test, no visible movement of any part, then took the bucket for a ride and made sure all the controls work, lower and upper function good, and the bucket feels tight (no major wobble side to side like it would have with lots of wear)
overall I feel it will pass the inspection, but I didnt do an xray or anything fancy (not sure about the legit inspection, but ive been told about xray and magnaflux being common for boom certifications)
Your inspection guy will check the turntable bolts torque, that is so important!
Jeff

The only thing I would worry about is the auto feed kicking in more and the potential for the chips to kind of barf over tailgate without the extra torque of the diesel. I’m sure it’ll be fine, especially if you keep it sharp, but that was one of my concerns when considering the gas option.
I appreciate the feed back. We will see.

On another note MDS. I meant to send this to you sooner. This takes care of that well placed zerk on your 254t. We got sick of jamming it up with wood so we threw a 90° on ours. Solves the problem!

Attachments

• 20220505_110642.jpg
    20220505_110642.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
gas is a hard no.
I would agree but this will be sort of a stepping stone. It will be better than my 97hp perkins 15" and will be our removal chipper and we will keep our smaller chipper as a trimming chipper. Keep the hours low on them.

I will definitely report back to everyone on how the gas is. Should be here next week.

Latest posts

Back