New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So apparently there was enough play in the feed bar linkage to cause this little “chicken wing” (as the bandit guy called it) to cause it to hit the back of the second feed roller detent valve and not fully actuate. There’s two valves and both are linked together on this machine. It looked like a new little paint chip where it was hitting the cap. I think the play just got too extensive finally. I ground the “wing” just so it had minimal clearance and did a load and a half of chips yesterday and zero issues. Hopefully that was all it was. I wish every fix was that easy lol. Next would be checking pressures, etc., which isn’t a big deal, but probably a trip to my mechanic for all that. View attachment 990439
dont be afraid to check the pin and the hole. a little wear makes a huge difference in linkage movement.

Bid on local prev wage job today for a Pendot contractor. They need it done yesterday so we'll have to move around a bunch of residential customers next week.

You gotta bid high when your ground guys are making 45 per hour! Still figuring out how to bid these ones. Will be a nice 4 or so day job. I think climbers/bucket guys get around 65.

It really levels out the playing field when everyone else you're bidding against has workers comp and is preapproved by pendot. I'd love to be 50% residential 50% commercial.

showed up to remove a pine, dude added another one, truck was already in place and no rigging so $200, took an extra 20 minutes including chipping
picked up a small job on the way home, bradford pear that split in a recent storm, 1/3rd of the tree on the ground, would fill my dump trailer and take a full day to do, we showed up, bid, did the job and left in 30 minutes, this chipper is friggen amazing
we remove the rest of the tree this week for $750, not gonna take but 2 hours to do

showed up to remove a pine, dude added another one, truck was already in place and no rigging so $200, took an extra 20 minutes including chipping
picked up a small job on the way home, bradford pear that split in a recent storm, 1/3rd of the tree on the ground, would fill my dump trailer and take a full day to do, we showed up, bid, did the job and left in 30 minutes, this chipper is friggen amazing
we remove the rest of the tree this week for $750, not gonna take but 2 hours to do

What are you chipping into?

Yeah, super clean looking chipper! Nice. That chip body is beautiful too!! I like how the roof is set up so you can get a loader in. Does it have vents?
Thanks, we try to take care of our equipment! Not running in the winter is the most important part of keeping the equipment clean. We like having the roof setback for a number of reasons. The loading and unloading of material is number one. We also put the baby giant in the back using 12 ft ramps. I had this truck purpose built in Florida around the giant 254T. they did a great job. It is vented. But only at the top/sides of the roof. You can see how they bent the roof into triangles for strength. We also installed plywood where the chips hit the back of the box as to prevent dents. I plan on running this truck for my entire career. We put about 5k miles on it last year!

Low hours for a 2012. Steel wheel arches on the chipper as well, mine has the same light alloy ones as toolboxes. They have held up, but certainly not the same durability as rest of machine. I like the extendable drawbar for reversing with larger vehicles.

Truck bin is blinging!!
Ya we really like it. We go about two weeks between fill up's. She really sips fuel.

I washed the truck the week before the picture was taken! In time the alloy will not be so shiny. I didn't want painted sides because I would be so worried about scratching it pulling into people's tight driveways.

took the truck to dump today, was chips mixed with oak rounds the last owner left in it, so we couldnt take it to a chipdrop
5200 pounds in the back and empty feel the same, I like it, trailer brake wiring is messed up (they didnt wire the controller properly) but it tows and stops just fine without them
ive had some PTO issues, known cause for some of them, it kicks out due to speed sensor wires shorting out, and some times just flat out wont engage (electric chelsea PTO hooked to an allison auto)
had an issue starting last night, wouldnt even click the solenoid with my foot on the brake pedal, but when I took my foot off it would start (supposed to happen?)
it ran from about 9am yesterday to 530pm without getting shut off, then I fired it up and played a little for half an hour at around 8pm, that is when my problems happened, so im thinking it may be related to excessive heat, or a loose ground?

Nice rig. You've made quite the equipment upgrades in the last week! I like the tool box on the headache rack.
I keep a capstan winch and a 5 gallon can of fuel up there, and the bucket harness and saw files, things I dont use on every job
the truck has a 12000 pound winch on the front, and we had to use it on the first job (to winch the truck to the tree, shoulda thought about getting it out, doesnt take much to get a 30000 pound truck stuck in wet clay)1653526795900.png

Nice rig. You've made quite the equipment upgrades in the last week! I like the tool box on the headache rack.

It’s Pa Manson’s “tree service”. He’s just using the kid as cheap, available home schooled labor. The kid is acting like it’s his and posting up a storm. Just keeping it real.

After 33 years I think I’ve met all these people before. Lol

It’s Pa Manson’s “tree service”. He’s just using the kid as cheap, available home schooled labor. The kid is acting like it’s his and posting up a storm. Just keeping it real.

After 33 years I think I’ve met all these people before. Lol
nope, its all mine
I pay for it, I run it, my dad drives and does ground guy things

Latest posts

Back