New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It ended up being about $330 USD / machine hour.

The rg55 does seem to be a much better value over the stx38, the problem is I am starting to get spoiled on the 165t, it gets the job done so much faster, but its an extra 40k on the price tag.

But what I really want is a pre emissions rayco rg100 good luck finding one of those

That’s good going.

Have been averaging around that rate per machine hour (in AUD), so far has been providing good ROI. Coming to jobs now where grind the stump/s on the day, is good for efficiency. Had a big acacia the other day, was still going through chipper & had already started on stump.

Has really grown on me the Vermeer 382. Super stable working on slippery slope. Never says no with four wheel drive engaged.

Good example of an afternoon from last week. Vermeer skid was rolled on the slope beneath these leggy tuarts earlier in year (inexperienced operator pulling out hanger with rigid grapple). Stumpy chugged across, down & up the slope without a worry, getting all the stumps left from previous thinning. While the guys knocked down this declining tree above driveway, blasted out stumps on house terrace, by the time they were turning truck around, was down grinding the trees they just dropped.

Got 25 hours out of first teeth rotation.

Job this week will be craning tree out & stumpy in, not a big tree at all, but will be a quick way to deal with it.

v3-jpg.996945

v1-jpg.996943

v2-jpg.996944

Attachments

• V1.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 166
  • V2.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 171
  • V3.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 172
MDS did I ever tell you about the avant 528 lug nut tie downs that make securing the giant down on a trailor a breeze. It also gives a great low tie in point for getting the machine unstuck if you ever really get it buried. I think they were $300 for 4

I think I need that link you posted up to the purple mattress seat cushion of whatever it was a while back more first. That thing is a little brutal on long bumpy runs for sure. You’re right, a suspension seat would’ve been key.

Got my old ground guys letter to the PO all set for him today. Glad that’s off my plate!

Looking forward to getting my favorite rope guy back soon. He’ll be running the little giant right off too. Already has experience with operating equipment from construction, paving, etc.

When he called to ask me about the letter thing last week, one of the things he said was he hoped I still had his hat and that he “couldn’t wait to get back on the comms and start talking ****”. lol. That’s one of the things I’ve really been missing. We used to just laugh out asses off all day while doing this ****. 7200E634-1FFF-42FC-BC43-229A78938249.jpeg

It’s so strange to me to see a lift with that bucket truck looking elbow an lower boom.

Glad you guys are liking them!!

I’ve been using my bucket a lot lately. That thing really is like a Cadillac. So fun to whoop up trees with (when if makes sense).

So I have a contract to do an insane crane job on Monday next week at a high school in New York for a construction company. We've been in contract for about 2 months. I'm pretty excited about it.

Today their admin assistant emailed us and said all workers need to have taken a 10 hour osha course to do the job. No mention of this in the contract. I looked up the course online. It's 60 bucks per person times a 6 man crew (including myself).

I'm not worried about the 360 bucks. I'm concerned about how I'm going to A. fit in 10 hours of time in this busy week and B. Pay my guys to take the class for 10-11 hours.

If I play my cards right and the weather doesn't mess us up, I think we can reshuffle our schedule by Friday, and go from 7am-6pm watching the videos with a couple short breaks. We'll already be at 40 hours for the week by thursday night so all day friday will be overtime.

Here's the cost to me.

5 guys cost me approx 115 per hour gross wages. Plus 25% work comp and payroll taxes, times 1.5 for overtime for 11 hours, it comes out to close to $2400

What would you guys do in this situation? I could be making over 4k doing residential tree jobs on Friday. Instead I'm going to have to push that aside and pay my guys to take a mandatory class.

It IS a lucrative job. Here are my options

1. Eat it. I want more jobs with this company and I want to keep them happy
2. Ask them to pay for the class (360) plus the 11hour labor cost (2400).
3. Since I'm missing out on work we could be doing, charge them 4k plus the 360.

What would you guys do? I'm generally a bit passive but would I be unreasonable to kindly but firmly ask for option 3?

So I have a contract to do an insane crane job on Monday next week at a high school in New York for a construction company. We've been in contract for about 2 months. I'm pretty excited about it.

Today their admin assistant emailed us and said all workers need to have taken a 10 hour osha course to do the job. No mention of this in the contract. I looked up the course online. It's 60 bucks per person times a 6 man crew (including myself).

I'm not worried about the 360 bucks. I'm concerned about how I'm going to A. fit in 10 hours of time in this busy week and B. Pay my guys to take the class for 10-11 hours.

If I play my cards right and the weather doesn't mess us up, I think we can reshuffle our schedule by Friday, and go from 7am-6pm watching the videos with a couple short breaks. We'll already be at 40 hours for the week by thursday night so all day friday will be overtime.

Here's the cost to me.

5 guys cost me approx 115 per hour gross wages. Plus 25% work comp and payroll taxes, times 1.5 for overtime for 11 hours, it comes out to close to $2400

What would you guys do in this situation? I could be making over 4k doing residential tree jobs on Friday. Instead I'm going to have to push that aside and pay my guys to take a mandatory class.

It IS a lucrative job. Here are my options

1. Eat it. I want more jobs with this company and I want to keep them happy
2. Ask them to pay for the class (360) plus the 11hour labor cost (2400).
3. Since I'm missing out on work we could be doing, charge them 4k plus the 360.

What would you guys do? I'm generally a bit passive but would I be unreasonable to kindly but firmly ask for option 3?
if there isnt mention of this course in the contract, then I would tell them 1: we arent taking it and losing the money, and 2: if thats an issue find someone else to do the job

im not a lawyer, but have dealt with similar a few times so far, no shame in walking away

They are horrible to deal with when it comes to service and warranty work. The first year I had my giant, newtown power had my 254t for almost 10 weeks over that year. Everytime it would go there it would be minimum 2-3 weeks.

Also when I finally pulled the trigger on the giant they charged me 2 grand over the quoted price. I prefer Mte equipment.
Why not Newtown Power Equip? Don't they sell Giant?

Why not Newtown Power Equip? Don't they sell Giant?

I have no interest in whatever they’re selling. No interest in buying anything from them in particular other than maybe a hard hat or saw scabbard. They’re a bunch of crybabies from my experiences. I buy things from people I like, not the pushy regional salesman. **** that.

Attachments

• 20220620_113210.jpg
    20220620_113210.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back