New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the mat rack goes on the side of the trailer?
To be honest I don't really know. I haven't had to use it on a job yet. It keeps the mats neat and organized when not in use at the yard and ready to be deployed with little to no manual labor.

I think I will either put it in the bed of the 2500 or in the back of the chiptruck. Don't know how it would fair on the fender of the dump trailor but we will find out.

We always keep 6 mats in the back of the Dodge 2500. I'm sure this fall we will be using the rack more often with wet weather. The giant as you know is very light on its feet.

That damn ground protection is always an issue.

My old Chevy has an 8’ bed that dumps perfectly and is easy to load chunks or 8’ logs in. Truck that size is real handy. Perfect for plywood. Feels like backing up a wheel barrow after the other trucks lol.

I have plans to buy a new tub one day and have a 454 I wanna have built and have every other body and interior part you can think of. Plus it’s just cool. Had it 26 years now.
E431AE0A-3134-41EC-811F-D99EDEE47D0A.jpeg

too dead for me to climb, contract climber = not my issue
he didnt reek of any drugs I could identify either, maybe he is just stupid or crazy, either way he is cheaper than the crane anyways

So is this bloody giant dead terrifying monster thing down & 'pushed into the woods' yet or the other guy is 'going to do it'? Can only imagine what was going through his mind.

Just out of interest, were you intending to 'ride the hook' into the tree, rig up the pieces, cut them & ride out the hook with the load? I assuming not. So effectively you would still be hanging on the dead stag.

Even lifting pieces out vertically & gently changes the forces of a tree as reportedly fragile as this.

Think you were swimming with your floaties on here....

Send the crane, or at very least the ride on lawnmower, lighting done struck my tree!!

(Actually a very fun tree, down and wrapped up in time to go for a surf)

201-jpg.1001014

261-jpg.1001015

661-jpg.1001016

Attachments

• 201.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 261.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 80
  • 661.JPG
    9.9 MB · Views: 84
So is this bloody giant dead terrifying monster thing down & 'pushed into the woods' yet or the other guy is 'going to do it'? Can only imagine what was going through his mind.

Just out of interest, were you intending to 'ride the hook' into the tree, rig up the pieces, cut them & ride out the hook with the load? I assuming not. So effectively you would still be hanging on the dead stag.

Even lifting pieces out vertically & gently changes the forces of a tree as reportedly fragile as this.

Think you were swimming with your floaties on here....
tree is down
was intending on riding the ball with each piece, or having the crane hold the hook overhead for a tie in point
1657043118699.png1657043107287.png

Whipped some hemlocks covered in PI, grapevine, bittersweet, creeper vine and something else up.

Unfortunately we couldn’t clean anything up really till the lift was out of the way. The mini giant and the chipper made short work of that though. Had everything mostly laid out nice in one big grapple friendly mess.

I can rotate all the way around in front of that chimney, btw, no worries of hitting it whatsoever. Zero tail-swing. A6912DEE-5E2A-445B-B134-C53CDB7ADE43.jpeg74C851DA-863E-46AD-B490-F9C0D49D0BF7.jpegD7F752F8-1554-4B93-8540-CD414D3EA066.jpeg

Latest posts

Back