New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You kinda helped me decide on a 16 footer, so I thank you for that!!

That trailer was the one 16 footer Rochester had in stock at the time when I changed my mind (thanks in part to you).so I jumped on it.

Not super happy with the PJ, but it does it’s job so far anyway. I think I would go back to Cam if I could have a do-over.

The problem was, cam wouldn’t derate even a 14’ to under 10,000 here, so my hands were kinda tied.
I'm glad to hear I was able to help. That's what this forum is all about.

I got the Bwise trailor Dlp 14-16, going on 5 years it's holding up nicely. Needs a paint job this winter. Depending on the cost, I will either paint it or sell it and order a 16' new dump trailor. That's probably the peice of equipment that has made us the most and cost us the most money with all the logs it has hauled to the dump. Close to $200 per load for 10 yards of logs these days.

That's the main reason why I got the 19xpc. Disposal prices on all the white pine trees we remove. That chipper is an absolute animal and we are very happy with the gas option, it does not give up much to the diesels. The way we chip by staging everything and machine feeding the chipper at the end of the day. We are going through about a half a tank of fuel per week(10 GAL). It's been three weeks running with the 19xpc and we haven't been to the dump once. We have accumulated half a dump trailor load of logs back at the yard. It's been pretty sweet.

Attachments

• 20220701_094807.jpg
    20220701_094807.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
I’m just trying to hold my prices at a respectable level so far this year. Good time Charlie season is over. Things are getting a little more real now.
Agreed , I’m seeing way less guys out there this year compared to last. I think this fall is going to be very good 😎

Yeah, your setup now is the most similar to what we run we run daily. A lot of times the log truck and elevator bucket and other international chip truck sit while we’re out with the lift, ram, chipper and a giant. Of course when we need the tractor winch, log truck, smaller chipper, or whatever, they’re life savers. I am a little spoiled, but I pay for it all, so **** it.

But yeah, that’s a highly efficient looking setup you’ve got going.

I got the Bwise trailor Dlp 14-16, going on 5 years it's holding up nicely. Needs a paint job this winter. Depending on the cost, I will either paint it or sell it and order a 16' new dump trailor. That's probably the peice of equipment that has made us the most and cost us the most money with all the logs it has hauled to the dump. Close to $200 per load for 10 yards of logs these days.

That's the main reason why I got the 19xpc. Disposal prices on all the white pine trees we remove. That chipper is an absolute animal and we are very happy with the gas option, it does not give up much to the diesels. The way we chip by staging everything and machine feeding the chipper at the end of the day. We are going through about a half a tank of fuel per week(10 GAL). It's been three weeks running with the 19xpc and we haven't been to the dump once. We have accumulated half a dump trailor load of logs back at the yard. It's been pretty sweet.
Nice chip body. How big is it? I don’t love the gassers but I guess they get the job done .

Agreed , I’m seeing way less guys out there this year compared to last. I think this fall is going to be very good 😎

Hard times will hopefully have a cleansing effect. I hear that. What we had going on the last couple years or so wasn’t sustainable.

I think/hope I’ll always be alright. While it seems like every ******* thinks they have what it takes to be a “tree service”, I think when people hire us they’re amazed at what they get, the (matching) equipment, level of professionalism and care of their property,, etc. I definitely know they feel like they hired right and that makes me feel good. After all, for what it is, it’s definitely been my life’s work.

Nice chip body. How big is it? I don’t love the gassers but I guess they get the job done .

He’s got a lot of capabilities for what he’s got invested. Not saying it’s a small amount, but that setup goes straight to where the work is. I make most of my money with pretty much the same deal.

I dump my log truck brimming over for $175. (I know it’s a killer deal, but still pricey to me). I guess it pays to be extra peachy sweet to the lady at the dump. That and I’ve been going there for 27 years, so I guess that helps too.

He’s got a lot of capabilities for what he’s got invested. Not saying it’s a small amount, but that setup goes straight to where the work is. I make most of my money with pretty much the same deal.
I’m pretty much the same . Mini skid steer , m15r , f-550 chip truck. We can get a lot done in a day

I’m pretty much the same . Mini skid steer , m15r , f-550 chip truck. We can get a lot done in a day

I was just thinking that if I had to slim down to bare bones equipment wise, I would keep lift, the ram, the smaller giant, the 19xpc and the dump trailer. I could still kick ass with just that stuff if I had to. You know, like if the repo man ever rolls into town lol.

The giant goes In the back of the chip truck with 12' ramps. That particular job was a solo job that took 4.5 hrs and made $2,000. Pound for pound were the most efficient game in town.

We only run two trucks and we like it that way.

Thanks, I had it built down in Florida and drove it up with brother. The dimensions are 14×7,6×7,2 The Giant is 7-1/4 tall, clears it by 3/4"

That 7.3 gas motor paired to the 10 speed auto does everything I ask of it. No regrets there. I love diesel but the emmisions ruined them for me.

I was just thinking that if I had to slim down to bare bones equipment wise, I would keep lift, the ram, the smaller giant, the 19xpc and the dump trailer. I could still kick ass with just that stuff if I had to. You know, like if the repo man ever rolls into town lol.
And then build back better with a crane once all the beech trees start dying

Thats
I dump my log truck brimming over for $175. (I know it’s a killer deal, but still pricey to me). I guess it pays to be extra peachy sweet to the lady at the dump. That and I’ve been going there for 27 years, so I guess that helps too.
Thats crazy cheap. One dump charges 17per yard by me and the other charges 20per yard. When I first started the dump charged 8per yard. When the owner died. An existing tree nursery bought the facility and doubled the prices. Max I can carry about 12 yards on the dump trailor. It gets expensive without a big chipper. Firewood we usually dump for free.

I’m just trying to hold my prices at a respectable level so far this year. Good time Charlie season is over. Things are getting a little more real now.

I've moved prices generally up by around 20% on smaller jobs, factoring in they cost the most in 'peripheral costs' & 10-15% on larger jobs.

All the while keeping an eye on the general trend of things, with some much uncertainty around. Have aimed to increase volume of commercial clients, while turning down some smaller, fiddly jobs that previously may have done 'for the love', but at same time don't want to lose all those type of jobs.

It's a delicate balance.

We have invested in very specific equipment for the work we do.

The whole labour saving / increased efficiency / reliability of a for purpose machine like the compact tracks or AL's is just amazing. Then dialling the transport / deployment side of them to keep things straightforward.

I constantly pinch myself how much work the Vermeer saves us, the clients are always amazed & impressed compared to what they may have seen in the past & I still can't believe other outfits generally don't run anything.

Did hear on the grapevine, another regional operator actually does run a Toro mini-skid, managed to send it up a tree using it clear a big hanger. Effectively became a counterweight, before something gave out & the Toro re-entered orbit, badly. Lucky no-one was injured or worse.

Back