New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the easy lift have a narrow outrigger setting, where it’ll restrict rotation to the side in narrow?
Yes it does actually. When I first got the lift I had forgotten the outriggers were in narrow. I set up and didn't even notice a difference in the operation. I only worked straight out. But I was surprised. Can the omme retract and extend tracks. I find that I use this feature often when traversing across slopes.

The non marking tracks seem to be alittle delicate. I already noticed a crack appearing on one side. Told upequip about this and they were immediately on it and told me to submit a claim. They really are an impressive company.

Yes it does actually. When I first got the lift I had forgotten the outriggers were in narrow. I set up and didn't even notice a difference in the operation. I only worked straight out. But I was surprised. Can the omme retract and extend tracks. I find that I use this feature often when traversing across slopes.

The non marking tracks seem to be alittle delicate. I already noticed a crack appearing on one side. Told upequip about this and they were immediately on it and told me to submit a claim. They really are an impressive company.

Yeah, the tracks narrow and widen. We used to adjust them in the middle for trailering, etc., then wide for side slopes. Over time as I got more comfortable with it, we just started leaving it in narrow almost all the time (unless something is real crazy). Of course we extend the outriggers and adjust them as needed traveling on side slopes and up and down steep hills.

I’ve been thinking more and more about this efficiency thing lately. I’m not sure two trucks is the answer. I’m thinking maybe three is best for my situation. Thinking (where possible) the most efficient setup for me is log truck towing the lift, ram with chipper, and the other international (or bucket) towing the dump trailer with plywood and mini giant.

I mean anyway I twist it it’s still a lot of iron, but that’s the only way to make it a true one stop show. Chip, plywood, lift, forward logs and load logs all in one trip. Then home.

The thing is, it’s nice to have the equipment, but it’s the one day jobs that kill me… trying to move all that stuff efficiently. I think I’m almost there though.

I mean bucket jobs are sweet because they’re usually on pavement for me these days, but they’re kind of few and far in between lately. Being able to handle those one day backyard jobs efficiently is definitely where it’s at.

Profane language, bypassing the obscenity filter. Deletions come next!
What you specialize in is typing on the keyboard LOL
sheit
get your ass down to moonshine land and we will have a brush dragging war
OR, we can do some backyard removals, and you will see how much better my system is as getting a tree from the backyard to the front

reminds me, got 5 black locust to remove tuesday, one over a shed, rotted out, dead one in the yard but still has to be rigged out, third one is rotten right through the stump, over the house and power lines, and finally 2 decent ones over an ornamental that we cant touch
no bucket access due to power lines, so itll be climbing, gotta take 2 through a 36" gate, 2 man crew, capstan winch to load 10ft logs into dump trailer
also got a tri dominate magnolia around 55ft tall over a house, privacy fence, and probably 15K in granite statues for monday, limited bucket access due to potential driveway cracking, so it will be climbed, speedlined down the drive into the chipper, and the logs rigged out
stump is around 36-40"

AND, im gonna do it all with my limited rigging gear
I do have a third ring sling, much heavier duty but it never gets used, mainly use the pulleys these days, rings are over rated IMO, but cheap enough to make worthwhile when you need 1 sling for one specific tree

1657382315990.png

I don’t read or respond to his posts. He’s more than welcome to read or reply, but he should warrant no interaction.

Worked the crane and bucket a lot this past week. Spanked a 36” codom silver maple with a very wide crown one day and then started clearing a bunch of trees on a narrow, steep bank with a fence on one side and an apartment complex on the other side.

057C56EA-2DED-416D-A06F-467751054752.png

I don’t read or respond to his posts. He’s more than welcome to read or reply, but he should warrant no interaction.

Worked the crane and bucket a lot this past week. Spanked a 36” codom silver maple with a very wide crown one day and then started clearing a bunch of trees on a narrow, steep bank with a fence on one side and an apartment complex on the other side.

View attachment 1001821
Holy smokes you guys don't kid around. That's a massive pick.

Back