New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t really see plywooding around those three septic tanks/pump chambers (see the lids) (whatever) to be too extreme? What do the non above and beyond guys do in a situation like that?

I know that was a compliment and all, which I appreciate (thank you) that. Just curious how else that could be done? Doesn’t seem like you could really cut too many corners there? Oh, i should mention that huge 30 year homeowner brush pile the guys had to get up there too. Basically driving on the edge of tanks and pump chamber with mini G. plywood makes it all possible, imo,
Well when you put it like that your right. I think the cute rate guys would just drive over the septic. Lol.

We really haven't come across to many septic systems that would entail that level of plybording. Usually 6-10 sheers covers it. But I could see all the trips it was necessary.

My 8 month old nephew looking on at a tree job in progress from a park swing down in CT.

Will he become a tree guy or won't he, that's the question.

I love this picture!

Yeah, who knows, he could be looking for the bottleneck in the operation and thinking if he had a grapplesaw truck, log truck and grapple chipper it’d be much more efficient that that old hi-ranger and 18” bandit. Lol.

Finally got to our ash today. Went quick really, and got a few cords of decent firewood. Good timing too, my climber got his feet on the ground and the rain started. Didn't last long, but it wasn't supposed to rain today. Did the twin ash and a birch and called it a day.

View attachment 1019194

View attachment 1019195
Looks like you had a productive day. Love splitting clear ash wood by hand. Splits like butter.

Yeah, who knows, he could be looking for the bottleneck in the operation and thinking if he had a grapplesaw truck, log truck and grapple chipper it’d be much more efficient that that old hi-ranger and 18” bandit. Lol.
If he's anything like his uncle that's exactly what he's doing.

Waiting to hear on this one. If some idiot underbids me, **** it. Otherwise it’ll be a nice job for the equipment and guys.

When this giant old roach had a huge limb cracked off, hanging by a cable in it, I told this guy it was gonna go. Now the neighbors lose a car and garage. Oh well.
FE55E6C6-A060-4D76-9840-ECABBEDB1EEC.jpeg34ABBF53-7F9A-4214-8E7C-568623EA5B95.jpegF1BCC6DC-5063-4C44-89FC-9C31DAAC066A.jpeg

Nice job for the log truck.

Exactly. Gonna be interesting if it comes through. Not sure I’ll be able to grab those big chunks in standing trunk, bigger than it looks. Also a ton of cables in it, so you can’t just go at it. My biggest fear is old cables that have been cut, replaced and grown over. Figured an extra load of smaller logs on account of that.

I am psyched, we got that tree as our (now) rare Saturday job. Everyone will be in and happy as they got a full week in four days already (with the rain day) but this’ll just make it better for all of us.

We got a lot of work to do already. And more importantly I just couldn’t be happier with the crew. They each are a part of the team and each adds something. Bottom line is my life is becoming (somewhat) easier finally, and that’s a good thing.

That and haven’t had so much fun working in a long time, so things are definitely looking up.:dancing::cool:

Nice easy drive up crane job today. No amount of plyboard could have saved their poor yard though from the 75,000 pound crane. We did bring about 20 sheets and ended up buying 3 yards of topsoil to fix the mess. Customer was quite pleased nonetheless.20220923_105559.jpg
20220923_103250.jpg

Bought a little 50cc quad for my 8 year old's birthday to boot
20220923_183558.jpg

picked up a hydra pulley and akimbo today, and some replacement saw parts
fit $900 in stuff into one shopping bag, between saw parts and that akimbo
new bar and chain for the t540ixp, new brake handle for my 200t, top end kit for my 261 is probably next, if I ever need a saw that small
bid a crane job on the way home, live tree this time but over the house, crane would be about 3000 cheaper than rigging it out
big codom silver maple, each spar is 36" or so, 70ft tall

Latest posts

Back