New to an 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I won an auction for an 066 from SAWKING two weeks ago and tonight was the first time I had the chance to cut some fairly large (for Texas)(about 18 inch) oak with it. What a great saw! I have never had a really powerful saw - and now I do. I really enjoyed working with it.:D

I have two of them.
Unlike you guys though, I don't like them. Not that there is a saw I like better, just that when I need to use the bigger saws it means I'm getting into bigger wood. Bigger wood is heavy. Heavy is hard. Hard $ucks.
It's usually at the end of a removal I get out the 066. I've already busted my a$$ gettting the tree topped out, chipped, and all raked up. I'm hot and tired. I really don't want to get that big, heavy, hard to pull start, thing out of the truck, much less flush cut a stump, breathing exaust gases while having sweat drip into my eyes.
I also not fond of running to the truck to refill the dang thing after every two or three cuts, just to have to pull on that dang cord three or four more times to get it restarted.
Don't even get me started about climbing with an 066...

Come on Mikey you can do it !

Wow that sucks . and your getting paid to.
Anytime you want to sell those big old 66's let us know:blob2:

Like my 066, works well for felling, bucking and some milling.

You may want to look at opening up the muffler if it is one of the new model 066's with an EPA muffler. Sounds like 10-15% power gains can be found by opening up the muffler, also saw runs cooler and should last longer. It's not too dificult to do, lots of threads on muffler modifications or you might be able to get a custom modified muffler and just put it on.

Happy cutting:D

Timberwolf

New 066 price

I checked out a new 066 yesterday while picking up even more parts for my 031av. The tag on it was $849.99. Maybe I need to quit buying parts for the 031 and take all that money and buy a 066. :D

Mike,
It could be worse, you could be spending an hour or so making that stump cut with an 020t

At this point, I think it would be easier on me to cut firewood with a 5/32 file than to get these hunks o' junk going. :D Gonna get cold soon and I only have a cord stacked. kinda hard to sell when you haven't got enough to last for yourself. :(

I do all my cutting with an 066. Limbing, felling blucking, Hell ill even ride it back to the landing :D

Good saw in my opinion. Never had any major failures and any of mine... Got 6 running now.

Originally posted by Wolfcsm
Have see several 066s and 088s on EBay as firewood saws. They would work verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well though

My kind of cutting. Maximum Overkill :)

looks like maximum "with the grain cutting there mister..." yeah - kicking ass, love it still:D

Back