New to me 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, I really wasn't looking for a saw this big..... but it followed me home. She's a little rough but she started on the 3rd pull. I'll have to strip her clothes off and give her a good bath. The 20" bar has got to go. It just ain't right for a powerhead this big to wear such a small bar. Anything about the 064's that I should know? What was all the chatter about the coil/flywheel stuff here:
http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=84507&highlight=064

I hope I didn't waste $200 on her.

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

Last edited:
20" bar is for 60-70cc saw. For sure not a saw that nature of beast. Looks like a good find to me.:cheers:

You did good. Matter of fact you stole it. The flywheel/coil talk was about the ones that have a rev-limiting coil. If it has the original air filter cover, it would have a sticker on it that says "Digital".

I have had a couple of them they are good saws and strong. They are very comfortable with a 24" or 28" bar. I run either a 24" or 28" with an 8 pin rim sprocket.

Well, I really wasn't looking for a saw this big..... but it followed me home. She's a little rough but she started on the 3rd pull. I'll have to strip her clothes off and give her a good bath. The 20" bar has got to go. It just ain't right for a powerhead this big to wear such a small bar. Anything about the 064's that I should know? What was all the chatter about the coil/flywheel stuff here:
http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=84507&highlight=064

I hope I didn't waste $200 on her.

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

i'll give you 250 plus shipping for it....

"i'll give you 250 plus shipping for it...."

you'd have to pry it out of my mitts for that kind of jack:chainsawguy:

I don't know the cost but it's stihl part. Comes on 044, 046, 066 and on. It's an elastic pull cord.

Sorry, I'm slow. Doh!

ya done good!

my 064 wears a 20in bar some of the time, but mostly a 24in.

ya done good!

my 064 wears a 20in bar some of the time, but mostly a 24in.

I'm thinking of a 24 as well. Maybe a 28. But to a lowly midwast farmer that thing just seems huge. I've never owned a saw with anything longer than a 18.

Anybody know where I can get a owners manual and/or service manual? WDO

Good buy Priced crank at one stihl dealer at 260.00 and the same for the
top end. Another price out the complete rebuild for 450- 500 labor included
Then priced out new ms660 for950

Latest posts

Back