New to me 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whitedogone

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, I really wasn't looking for a saw this big..... but it followed me home. She's a little rough but she started on the 3rd pull. I'll have to strip her clothes off and give her a good bath. The 20" bar has got to go. It just ain't right for a powerhead this big to wear such a small bar. Anything about the 064's that I should know? What was all the chatter about the coil/flywheel stuff here:
http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=84507&highlight=064

I hope I didn't waste $200 on her.

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

Last edited:
Mitymouse

Mitymouse

ArboristSite Operative
I have had a couple of them they are good saws and strong. They are very comfortable with a 24" or 28" bar. I run either a 24" or 28" with an 8 pin rim sprocket.

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Well, I really wasn't looking for a saw this big..... but it followed me home. She's a little rough but she started on the 3rd pull. I'll have to strip her clothes off and give her a good bath. The 20" bar has got to go. It just ain't right for a powerhead this big to wear such a small bar. Anything about the 064's that I should know? What was all the chatter about the coil/flywheel stuff here:
http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=84507&highlight=064

I hope I didn't waste $200 on her.

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

i'll give you 250 plus shipping for it....

whitedogone

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
"i'll give you 250 plus shipping for it...."

you'd have to pry it out of my mitts for that kind of jack:chainsawguy:

whitedogone

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
ya done good!

my 064 wears a 20in bar some of the time, but mostly a 24in.

I'm thinking of a 24 as well. Maybe a 28. But to a lowly midwast farmer that thing just seems huge. I've never owned a saw with anything longer than a 18.

Latest posts