New to me Husky 385xp aka Overkill Saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallegosmike

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Land of loose NUTS, Really Big FLAKES, and Fruity
My new to me 385xp came in this morning! The seller said about 10-20hrs usage. I pulled the muffler and spark plug off. And I can see the crossmarks on the cylinder walls. There is a few scratches here and there. The bottom of the saw is almost new. I need to clean the air filter and give the saw a good detail cleaning. It does have good compression. It takes a really hard to start/pull without pressing decompression button. LOL I can start my univent with using the decompression button without any fuss, this saw really needs it! I will probably run it with a 24" to 28" bar as my main saw and us my univent with a 20" bar for limbing. Here are some pictures.

I have a hard time understanding why you wanted that one, when you have a Univent - maybe a slight stroke of CAD????? :cheers:

Very nice 385. In hardwood over 20" is where it will really shine.

I like your Univent too. I wish I had the $ when Baileys was selling them.

I have a hard time understanding why you wanted that one, when you have a Univent - maybe a slight stroke of CAD????? :cheers:

We all have CAD, if you've been here long enough! Not really CAD in this case.
I will be using this saw as my main firewood saw. Like I said, overkill for the normal firewood that I cut. But on the other side, Ive been getting permits to cut wood would in the sandia mountain range(the sandia's are my back yard!). Ive been cutting logs in the 24" to 40" range, plus at really high altitude(8000'ft to 11000'ft). So I need to go large and powerful.

Very nice 385. In hardwood over 20" is where it will really shine.

I like your Univent too. I wish I had the $ when Baileys was selling them.

Thanks!

Not much hardwood for me to cut. :-( But as of lately, Ive been cutting big pine/white fur trees. I really love my univent, but at the high altitude Ive cutting been at 8000ft to 11000. It is down to 4.35hp, so I am hoping that the torque of the 385xp will make up for the lack of hp.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Not much hardwood for me to cut. :-( But as of lately, Ive been cutting big pine/white fur trees. I really love my univent, but at the high altitude Ive cutting been at 8000ft to 11000. It is down to 4.35hp, so I am hoping that the torque of the 385xp will make up for the lack of hp.

I see! :cheers:

Its part of the killer triple chainsaw threat: 346ne(which cant see to buy,keeps getting bumped) Univent, and finally 385xp! Pretty much nothing locally that I cant fell and buck up.

:cheers:

Hard to argue with that. I've got the NE 346XP, 357XP, 372BB, and now the 390XPG. On the other hand, it's hard to argue with a MS260, 361BB, 440 with ported 460 topend, and ported 066BB. The more I run these huskies though, the more I like them.

Hard to argue with that. I've got the NE 346XP, 357XP, 372BB, and now the 390XPG. On the other hand, it's hard to argue with a MS260, 361BB, 440 with ported 460 topend, and ported 066BB. The more I run these huskies though, the more I like them.

quit it brad you are making me sick to my stomach lol

Back